Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] [New Feature] /break

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Volvith, Sep 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volvith

Volvith Mediator
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    In Game Name:
    Volvith
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    [New Feature] /break
    What are you suggesting:
    To add a feature called "Breaker", with the same CLI syntax as /smelt.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    There's been so many times where I've looked at 12 doublechests full of stone, and I'd need cobblestone.
    The inverse wouldn't be a problem, but there's no way to turn stone back into cobblestone without placing and mining it. (with an eff5- pickaxe)

This problem is especially apparent in deepslate, because Mojang decided "your silk pick is useless now", and made cobbled deepslate the only variant you can turn into polished deepslate. (which is dumb, hence this suggestion)

Basically what i'm suggesting is a feature which is essentially the opposite of /smelt.
    Call it something along the lines of "Breaker" or "Crusher", and make it 60$.
    Now, it shouldn't work on all /smelt variants of course.
    What I was thinking of was to add the following blocks to /break: Stone, Deepslate, Polished andesite, granite and diorite, Polished blackstone, and maybe (not sure on this one) Smooth sandstone.

Now, I understand if you maybe think this is an unneccessary command, but for more complex builds, whith the sheer amount of blocks in Minecraft these days, inventory space is already running dry, and the permanence of what is essentially a basic building/construction block is... Well, not helping at least.
    I feel like with every update, there's more and more shit clogging up my inventory, and this would at least help to some degree....

EDIT:
    Alternatively, it could become part, or the centerpiece, of ExtraCommands+3, since that would be a nice continuation of the use-set in EC+2, with /cnd having a similar use-case in inventory volatility.
    Plus, that'd nicely level out the utility curve of the feature, and open doors to more potential additions to EC+3 without having to warrant an entirely new feature for those.
    Other information:
    It's painful to let that one little stack of mistake polished diorite in the corner go unused... It's sad and lonely, and cold... Do not let that little stack be unused.
    It didn't choose this fate.
    It didn't want this fate.
    It was given this misshapen form by a fate ill-forged by those who don't think it's existence matters.

Don't separate that little stack out from those they love...
    They just want to be together.

Let's work together to make that little stack of mistake polished diorite able to join his friends, not through the violence of abuse, but through love and command line interface magic. :)
    Family is everything, and in the end, who are we to stand between a poor little cornerbound stack and it's not-so-distant family?

Together, we can preform miracles.
    And what miracle is greater than the miracle of love? :)

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 Volvith, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    I get where you’re coming from. It is annoying for me as well on occasion, but I don’t think this is needed IMO. Other commands like /smelt, /soak, and /cnd are meant to save time and resources: /smelt let’s you smelt a full inventory w/o coal, /soak stops you from placing concrete in water and mining it, and /cnd is for condensing stuff w/o a crafting table. What you are suggesting isn’t possible in Minecraft (especially with most of the blocks you listed).

Also, with all blocks you listed, they are common enough where this command is not needed since most players have a fortune and/or magic pick. I know an Eff5 pick can get a dchest of those items in less than 10 mins (faster with superbreaker).

Anyway, +0 leaning towards -1. It’s a neat idea, but given people will probably just mine what they need in the wild (or buy it from shops because those items listed are some of the cheapest items in ECC), I’m not sure it will be used that much. Could be wrong, but that’s my perspective/opinion.

3. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +435
    +1 Would be convenient.

4. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +571
    I wanna +1 this but my mind is telling me it's gunna get denied because "use an eff5

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    In progress.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    This has now been implemented for ExtCreationsPlus users.
    ExtCreationsPlus2 users have the cooldown removed.

Right now you can only /crush Stone -> Cobblestone as well as Deepslate -> Cobbled_Deepslate.
    If users would like more things added to /crush please make a separate suggestion. I could barely understand this suggestion what so ever and stopped trying to figure out what it was that was requested. @Volvith you need to be more detailed and to the point in your suggestions please.

For those planning to request /crush additions, please be to the point.
    Example: I am suggesting block A crushes into block B.

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.