Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Nerf magic tools

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Jan 18, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Nerf magic tools
    What are you suggesting:
    In short, a good look at magic tools to make some nerfs.

Copy/pasted what I believe would be beneficial nerfs for each tool from the magic discussion thread. Please note, I'm keeping it as is, including what I said about sell prices for said tools. Ignore those as price suggestions get denied. I'm keeping them to keep my point.

Fishing
    - Lower Puffer and Tropical /sell (I know this is a price change, so just ignore this. Keeping it to make a minor point for the nerf)
    - Have L3 rods catch puffers more often than tropical fish

Melon Sword
    - Lower the double drop chance on L2 and L3
    - Or better yet, remove the double drop of L2 and L3 and make the magic aspect be the ability for melons to go straight into the inventory & an increase of Efficiency per higher level; Make L1 Eff5, L2 Eff6, and L3 Eff7.

Magic Pick
    - Can’t think of anything other than make the iron and gold drop 9 raw items instead of 18. The pick is already pretty solid and nerfed on sell prices since the 1.19 ore distribution changes.

Magic Hoe
    - Maybe lower the fortune on all three variants.
    - Or maybe lower the /sell of nether wart (I know this is a price change, so just ignore this. Keeping it to make a minor point for the nerf)

Axe
    - I got nothing on the wood cutting side. This tool seems to be more of a tree clearing tool these days
    - for L2 and L3, see what I said about the PvP tools below

Sword, xbow, Bow
    - Honestly, I think mob drops should be increased as lower level players use them in grinders
    - For these three weapons and L2/L3 axes, maybe lower the looting and amount of xp gained for each level. And lower the double drop chance for the L3 variants. Tbh, I don’t know much about the PvP magic tools

Magic armor & items
    - Keep as is. These blow if you don't have a prestige shop

Magic Shovel, elytra, shears
    - No changes. These three were the original 24/7 magic tools before magic was permanently re-enabled.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I hate inflation. I get why we have it, but nerfing tools could slow the inflation. These suggestions are just my two cents
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Thonk Thonk x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #1 Jdawger, Jan 18, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This is all just a bunch of maybe’s with the reasoning being inflation. I’m honestly done with changing and adjusting magic endlessly and mindlessly thinking it’ll solve the bigger problem.

Some tools are better than others, we’re not just going to balance them all out perfectly, will just make gunning for a certain one useless, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.