Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] More Functionality for Mythic Levels

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lopporit, Jul 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +968
    In Game Name:
    CammyBunny
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    More Functionality for Mythic Levels
    What are you suggesting:
    Mythic swords recently became multi-leveled, meaning that you could upgrade it to Level 2 and Level 3. Before, a regular mythic sword could turn into a magic tool of any level. Now with the new levels on mythic swords, I believe they should behave like this:

L1 mythic swords - can transform into any star tool and any L1 magic tool.
    L2 mythic swords - can transform into any star tool and any L2 magic tool.
    L3 mythic swords - can transform into any star tool and any L3 magic tool.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I believe this is a good addition for a few reasons.

#1. This will make the sword more unique, and give further functionality to the new level up system that was introduced.

#2. Currently, only prestige shop owners seem to be interested in levelling their swords up. This will incentivize those who are not interested in the sell percentage boost to level up their mythic swords, which I believe would be good for the economy.

#3. With several more mythic swords in circulation than there used to be, a Level 1 mythic feels less like of a challenge and feat, and in lieu of making the sword more expensive itself, required more progression on the sword to unlock unlimited access to the best tools on ECC will balance out the abilities of the sword.
    Other information:
    Honestly, I don't know if this is a good idea or not. I personally think it has a lot of promise and might be really good, but I would love to see the community's opinions on this one.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Magic
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thonk Thonk x 1
    • List
  2. LimeLush

LimeLush How is he still staff?
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +446
    This change will do a lot of what Cammy mentioned, but it could negatively impact the incentive to even begin to seek out Mythic Items. If this change is made and I were a player grinding ECD, I would personally prefer to keep the LVL 3's that I use and not get mythic at this point. Only way to get Level III is to get lucky with promotions, paying players who have the feature to upgrade mythic an f ton of ecd, or to purchase the feature yourself for an f ton of real life cash.

It really is a 0 from me. Personally, -1. Objectively, based on how the server has been going regarding incentivizing big purchases (either in ECD, or real life currency for features), +1.

#2 LimeLush, Jul 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  3. SplayTick

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +75
    You still get the mythic prestige for getting one. That is the main incentive for getting the mythic beyond it being a status symbol. I think this is a good idea. It will definitely add more value to the mythic upgrade feature.

4. MocaBear

MocaBear Just a Dog
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +410

If this was happening at begining i could maybe understand it.. but changing it now is basically saying go spend 25-35mil on a useless tool, unless u spend IRL money to make them L3. and a lot of IRL money at that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +968
    Mythics are upgradeable with ECD, and you can also buy a /mythicupgrade from players that have it, albeit that's probably going to be hard to find. Not really arguing with the point itself, just wanna throw out there that there are options to upgrade it that don't involve USD at all.

6. Xdutchless

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +96
    -1 this will not increase the reason for people to buy the mythic sword in the first place. You spent 25-35m maybe even more for just star and lvl 1 magic tools. When you can have the whole collection of star and magic tools lvl3 for the same price or less than 25-35m.

If my prediction/ assumption is right then the mythic sword is going to be only good for prestige shop owners whereas now people that have most magic tools are willing to upgrade to a mythic sword because it feels reachable/ handy to get. And otherwise it is a 25-35m in for just the 5% sell price increase.
    Or a 75-85m investment for all tools which in my opinion way to hard to get.(if you don’t have a prestige shop)

I don’t think it will increase the value of magic tools either, because people will still buy goddrops from the store if not more to skip the grinding.

I understand ur point of view, and there should be more reasons to upgrade to a mythic l2/l3.

7. LimeLush

LimeLush How is he still staff?
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +446
    This^

Literally forces players to get a lot of ECD again to pay someone to make the tool useful eventually, or spend a lot of real life money to do it yourself. Too grindy and far to unobtainable for almost all of the player base UNLESS they wanna spend irl cash impulsively for it sooner. And once again, a majority or close to almost all of the player base will not want to spend irl cash for that.

8. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    -1 may not be worth the value of money down the road

9. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    -1 just because of limiting the magic tool level to mythic sword level. I agree some sort of incentive to upgrade it (besides higher sell prestige). Really, the only reason I am -1ing this is it is not like it will incentivize upgrading it. Most people who have a mythic sword usually already have a good amount of magic tools, with most of, if not all of them already at L3. If L2 and L3 tools were harder to obtain, then I would agree, but a lot of people already have max magic tools (and if they don't, they don't care to upgrade it and rather sell the /magic)

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Denied based on above discussions.
    Wouldn't happen even without the discussions however, Mythic Swords are already hard enough to achieve.
    No need to spend time ripping apart the code for something that will simply anger current holders of the sword and make it a far less attractable item to go for.

#10 andrewkm, Jul 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.