Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] make magic pick work on placed ores

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by oxwood2, Jan 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    In Game Name:
    oxwood2
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    make magic pick work on placed ores
    What are you suggesting:
    to make the magic pick work on placed ores, not only natural ores.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    as it stands, the magic pick is not very useful, and this change was not advertised at all.
    Other information:
    n/a
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    +1 everyone used the magic pick to break ore. simply ore. whether it was mined before or not, perhaps we can make this exception and only allow the magic pick to work on placed ore. no other placed block.

3. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    +1
    The iron ore market alone was a fantastic way for new players to help get some money. Staff always promoted this as the best means of starting out as there are multiple shops always buying ore for a good price

4. BBQ_watermelon

BBQ_watermelon Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +64
    +1 Nobody ever said this was a "bug" until right now and was basically the entire backbone of the economy especially for people starting out.

5. bobman3355

bobman3355 Mayor
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +866
    +1 the economy was already way too difficult for new players. Selling iron ore was one of their only ways to make money. This change/bug fix makes it far too difficult for new players to earn enough money to progress on the server.

6. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    -1 A single magic tool should not have been the “backbone” of the entire economy at all. IMO at this point the solution should be to nerf all magic tools, not revert nerfs.

It is beyond plain that the sole reason people are +1ing this suggestion is out of economic self interest or a reactionary adherence to the status quo.

Nearly every person in this thread has failed to provide an affirmative justification for why extactly a magic pick should mine from silked ores.

#6 OConner1279, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  7. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    +1 tbh, it is kind of a letdown that we can't do this, even though it was stated it was a bug. Personally, I saved my ores from excavating a project thinking that it wasn't a bug (since there was no indication that it was a bug for many, many months, esp since the tool is at least half a year old now), so it really sucks that I can't mine them now.

Plus, as stated, iron ore was a great money maker for new players or poorer players who don't have a magic pick. I feel this "bug fix" just killed that and possibly made a bigger earning gap between magic tool owners and normal players.

#7 Jdawger, Jan 9, 2021
  8. XenonGZ

XenonGZ Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +3
    +1 the economy was already way too difficult for new players. Selling iron ore was one of their only ways to make money. This change/bug fix makes it far too difficult for new players to earn enough money to progress on the server.

9. haydensch

haydensch Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +20
    +1 This takes more of a hit on new players trying to rise the ranks and make really any money at all the iron market is one of the most important markets to the new player community and I think with this change we could lose new player's interest.

10. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    It isn't the backbone for new players, but was a pretty big one for them

11. destroyer2441

destroyer2441 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +84
    +1 the iron ore mining allowed for a whole new market for newer players and helped them get started.

12. PixelHunter_

PixelHunter_ Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    +1 many players still need money(like me) and the bug will make it harder as my rent hasn't been finished and I would lose 50k.

13. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    +1, but with nuance.
    Let's not act like this is a solution for the problems facing new players. It's a bandage at best. The already wealthy obviously want it to make money with the pick, and it's mutually beneficial to them and others in that they can pay others for their ore and both profit from it. However, the words of other players above saying it is a necessary change to fix the economy... does that not strike everyone as an entire issue in of itself? I mean sure it helps players make money but it does not do anything in the long-run to fix the issues that caused new players to rely on such a market in the first place. I think it's a decent change for the time being, at least until the economy gets sorted out, but it is by no means an actual fix for anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Nicklepot18

Nicklepot18 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +41
    -1 to be honest i know a ton of people want this suggestion but if it was causing problems than i trust the discretion of andrew and the coding team that this is right. If this turns around and becomes possible with no problems than i +1

15. ChineseOverlord

ChineseOverlord ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +20
    +1 this went into effect the day I got my magic pick. Like said before, Iron Ore is the mainstay of the market right now and promoted to all new users as a top money making method.

16. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    The Magic Pickaxe currently works exactly as intended.
    We never meant for it to work on placed ores, as this caused a dupe bug that a user discovered.
    Due to this we had to implement a chunk database system which monitors placement and takes it into consideration when applying bonuses from the Magic Pickaxe's; specifically the 10% bonus.

I see now, there was quite a market for new users / veteran users to sell / buy these ores amongst each other.
    We will be implementing a whitelist on specific blocks to allow the 6x bonus; even on placed ores.
    • - IRON_ORE
    • - GOLD_ORE
    • - EMERALD_ORE
    Side note, thank you to those who properly made a suggestion, and kept discussions in a place that can actually yield results, as opposed to the children who spammed whiny shit in game for no reason non-stop knowing it'll change nothing.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
    #16 andrewkm, Jan 9, 2021
  17. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    This is now coded and done.
    Will be live after next maintenance.
    I mean, all it took was someone with an IQ over 3 to post a suggest and get shit done, instead of spamming in-game pointlessly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #17 andrewkm, Jan 9, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.