Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Magic tools/armor /own nerf

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by oxwood2, Sep 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    In Game Name:
    oxwood2
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Magic tools/armor /own nerf
    What are you suggesting:
    The magic effects of magic tools should only be available to the players who /own the tool. So renting/sharing the tool is effectively useless.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Currently magic tools have a bunch of issues, including massive inflation of the economy due to them being rented out en masse, rather than used by a few exclusive users as intended. Many of the users who have them don't really play the server that much and just rent the tools out, so the extreme power of them is available to many regular players. This has caused inflation as suddenly money is much easier to obtain and WILL lead to nerfs for star tools and regular tools, which hurts new players the most. Additionally, the magic pick in particular has had a ton of undesired consequences in that it is not used in the intended way, but instead used exclusively as an extra OP fortune pick for prestige shops. (I could suggest an additional magic pick nerf if needed in another thread.) This has lead to the nuking of the emerald market as the gems themselves are worthless while the ores are highly valuable.

Hoarding tools will also become less viable of a strategy as it would only make sense to hoard the tools one actually intends on using, allowing more (but less in the long run) users to own the tool and reap its benefits. I think this suggestion would be a stabilizing force for the economy while retaining the exclusive/OP status of the magic tools.
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Probably done the same way magic tools currently work
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    +1 This is a good way to ensure that magic tools retain 100% effectiveness when being used by the people that payed for them, but aren't being used for 6-8 hours a day constantly by people trying to make back rent payments.

However, I'm not sure what would stop people from transferring ownership during rental periods, subject to a massive penalty for losing the tool...

3. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I think the extreme risk and much more limited list of users to rent to would be an effective nerf. The number of people a user could trust with /owning their tool is most likely much smaller.

4. block_crusher

block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    +1
    This would reduce the amount of inflation from these tools.

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I mean, staff can deny any contract from stating that the person renting needs to return the /own back

6. NessXXIII

NessXXIII Pushing the Envelope
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    **comment removed**

#6 NessXXIII, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  7. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,300,000
    Ratings:
    +690
    +1 those things need some form of nerf they are too op

8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I don't think that this is an effective solution. As stated above, players can just transfer the own for a rental period. Not really any more risk involved than there is currently.

Let's assume for the sake of argument though, that this does have the desired effect. Then what?
    Sure the people who are currently hoarding them are incentivized to sell. If they do sell, surely they'd only be selling to people who actually intend to use the tools (given that at current market prices it's impossible to buy a magic tool without using a magic tool). So really you've just cut out rental income, but you are only minimally affecting the actual generation.

I don't think this is the fix we are looking for.

9. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    This more or less sums up why this isn't a desirable solution insofar there's an issue here. It's an interesting idea but there are far too many practical issues.

#9 UnitedStates2, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.