Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    In Game Name:
    Mission001
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Let Station Owners be Owners of Stations
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that station owners are added as owners on their stations instead of as members to give station owners more freedom to create unique and interesting shops.
    Currently Shop renters are added as members to their stations and have zero ability to do anything apart from build and create chest shops.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Adding station owners as actual owners of their station region gives station owners a lot fo cool and unique things to work with to make their shops interesting and also more enjoyable for people.

1. Region Flags
    *Welcome Messages/Goodbye Messages
    As you may well see at user shops in towns, a lof of shops have welcome messages as you warp into the shop. This is a great way to give tip bits to the customer. Weather it be a 'Welcome to Shop 5!' or whether its 'Today's special! Magic boots!'. There would be thousands of things people could put on one simple message. You also have leaving messages as well from the shop as well.
    *Entry Deny
    Need to refurbish your station? Or you have a issue with a price on your shop but cannot instantly go there? You can turn off entry for a few minutes while you restock.
    *Interact Flag
    You would finally be able to use doors and other allowable objects in your shops.
    *Other Flags such as Walk Speed, Vanish Entry Deny and plently of others gives you a variety of choices on a station to make them unique.
    You could even give users with Town Control the ability to make more regions to have things such as pricings and things such like /warp omg does. And whenever the station changes hands. All that needs to be done is when the Game Admins clear the station like they normally would, they would check for any regions within the main Station region and then remove them.

2. Restriction On Player Entry
    If a station owner wants to make their shop geared towards say newer players. Or players with a certain rank. Then they could, this is a more niche idea because the station owners would need the town control and town police feature to be able to do anything on their station.
    There has also recently been multiple cases of higher ranked users coming in and buying out stations that are geared specifically towards newer players. So keeping players out this way could improve player retention going from early game ECC of not having any tools to buying Max Tools, Armour, Totems and gradually progressing into the EcoCityCraft experience of grinding for money with better tools.

3. Multiple Shop Owners
    Once a station is paid for, a friend of that user might want to sell something of their own but currently cannot unless the station owners sell it for them. With rules added to the guidelines this could be possible.
    The users added would have to abide by the current rules of the station thread listed here (https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/trade-shop-rentals-information-expiry-dates.205373/)
    The rules would be changed from this:

To This:

Overall this suggestion is to give the Station Owners more ways to make their stations unique and different to one another. This can only be a good thing and may even bring back some much needed want for stations as currently we see Main East market dead, even though access to travelbag is easier then ever. Which shows you the demand for Station Shops is fairly low.

Thanks for reading.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • List
    #1 Mission001, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  2. Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
  3. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +691
    +1

I am sick and tired of a certain someone thinking they're funny buying me out every single day. This isn't "helpful" and isn't "giving me money tho", it's making me have to forget making money that day and go out and get more stock for my station, or alternatively I'd have to leave my station empty, which 1) isn't allowed, and 2) isn't why I have a station. My goal is to provide max tools and armours, along with starter items like seeds and misc items to newer players at a fair price. When I come online every day to see I've been bought out of these items, just for them to either be dumped to despawn (which I've witnessed) or given away in "events" not targeted at builders, it saddens me. Yes, this is a case of a small majority of people trolling, but a simple flag would solve this for me.

Just to add to the above situation - they aren't just doing it to me, and it is happening on all servers, so when a new user is looking for basic items, you'll see staff telling them to check /market which isn't helpful in the slightest because lately, some people are (and have openly admitted) determined to ruin the community spirit of the server by making sure all stations are out of stock.

Also, with ShopDB better than ever, I don't really see the desire to have a market station over just a regular town with a warp, so adding these abilities will make /market great again (sorry).

I would personally probably end up buying the Town Control packages if this was changed. My station is my primary shop so I'd love to mess around with it and make it better :)

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • List
  4. ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +442
    +1

As a station owner, I would love to have access to these flags. Welcome messages could make the market more friendly, and with market being a popular place to shop for Builders, it will make them feel more welcome on ECC. As for the issue with high ranked players buying out the stock of items, I have had this issue many times as well. This is not "helpful" or honestly even profitable since most of us can make hundreds of thousands an hour. As station owners, we mainly sell items at a low price to help newer players. We barely make any money from the stations in comparison to what we could make "grinding". I sell mob drops as well as other "weird" items and try to keep my prices low (specifically on MN)so that newer players can get these items easily. This could be a huge change for QoL for station owners, and could even "revitalize" the market. As blaz said make /maket great again :p

5. Speed42jh President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +215
    Huge +1

This would be awesome if possible and would give shop owners way more control over their shop.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  6. icondigi FuryFudge Lover
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,469
    Much needed addition, I genuinely don’t see any problem adding us as owners. All it would do is give us the chance to improve our stations even more! +1

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  7. yandyyyy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +212
    +1 if it can be done but I'm fairly certain sations are just sub-plots of spawn so they would need to make us an owner of spawn

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  8. kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    +1

With shopdb now fully out, it is now easier than ever to own a shop. Whereas previously market was the go to place, anyone with a town, a warp, good prices and stock, and a hint of good advertising can now effectively operate a shop equal, or even better, than what /market can offer. Intact, I've actually looked into the logistics of moving my shops out of spawn, and am realistically only holding onto station5 for sentimental reasons.

Not only would using my own towns allow for more space (something that market will never be able to compete with), but there is so much more I could do (builder only shops, shops with access to better deals for a one time fee etc.).

Market stations cost money in rent, have to follow rules, and are limited in size, and yet are also supposed to be "premium". Lets give /market at least some chance to have an edge over non /market shops, instead of pointlessly limiting them.

9. TankNoodle Former Soviet GameAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +318
    Massive +1 for the above reasons.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  10. NessXXIII Pushing the Envelope
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    +1 As there has been some borderline abusive/trolling behavior regarding shops and people in the community.

Town Police flags would be very useful in spawn shops.
    Custom entry messages would also help ease of use for new players and honestly just look nice.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  11. ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,458
    I've decided that we'll go ahead and do this.

There will be however, some rules.
    We won't be making multiple owners a thing, its unfortunately too messy and there are too many potential conflicts with how shop activity is monitored and handled as is.
    • All station owners will be added as owners to their stations from now on.
    • You can add people to assist you with building and managing your shop, but this will considered a "job" and they have no rights to the shop.
    • There will only ever be 1 owner per station.
    • Only the shop owner may have chestshops in the station. This is already a rule, we will continue with this.
    • The use of any build flags will not be permitted on station regions (you shouldn't need these if you can just add people to do building work). You will be allowed to use cosmetic and access flags, as well as TownPolice.
    I'm excited to see what sort of creativity comes with the use of the cosmetic flags. :)
    Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.