Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Less Contract Scam Money Loss

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by moshebroder1, Apr 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moshebroder1

moshebroder1 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    In Game Name:
    moshebroder1
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Less Contract Scam Money Loss
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that there should be a better way to deal with contracts. As of now, contracts that are broken, and, if there is valid evidence, the contract-breaker is banned. I believe that this is not a good way to deal with thing like this, although the scammer gets banned, that usually doesn't help the person who was scammed. I believe that there should be a better way to deal with contracts, because if someone is scammed, they should get some stuff back. It's not fair that contracts can easily be broken; let's say I pay someone 2 Mil, to be paid back within 1 month, and then they just don't pay it back, or quit the server, I won't have gotten my money back, even though I felt completely safe giving it to them, as I took a screenshot. All that will happen is them getting banned, which doesn't really benefit me, just stops future people from getting scammed. Please deal with this. To be honest, I don't really think this suggestion will be accepted, but I'm just trying to bring up this issue.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This will be a good addition for ECC because people will feel more comfortable with doing contracts, and after the contract is completed, they will actually get their money back.
    Other information:
    All of the above also applies to loans, in case I wasn't clear about that.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Thonk Thonk x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  2. Dwite_

Dwite_ /warp lakewood
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +200
    What are you suggesting? Or are you just saying that contacts are bad?

3. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    I’m like 99% sure staff will honor this kind of agreement if the person who files the complaint asks for it or works something out with the person in violation.
    If the complaining party wants the offender to be banned, then I don’t see a reason why staff should spend the time essentially bailing out contract violators.

4. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    He wants his money back.

5. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Loans have inherent risk. If you want to be 100% safe from getting scammed, don't give out a loan lmao

6. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    You didn't even suggest anything? and i thought the whole point of making these types of loans is that there will always be risk of loss. I dont think its staff's job to bail you out. I'm pretty sure a few years back there wasn't even any type of enforcement by staff- so the whole contract thing *is* them trying to help.

7. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    contracts have been a thing since at least 2013

• Like Like x 1
    • Thonk Thonk x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  8. David_Torento

David_Torento ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +422
    yep been around since i've been here

9. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Want to not be loan scammed/not lose money if a contract is broken? Don't lend money.

10. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    But in all seriousness, the contract system is fine how it is. If we have a payback system through the server, then that means the scammer can get back scott free, or still owe money, thus the person would get 2x amount owed back. I can see the exploits with alts now.

11. 7amoodw

7amoodw Electrical and Electronics Engineer
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,209
    I don't see what's wrong with the current contract system?
    It ensures if a person doesn't meet contract agreement then they don't go unpunished (provided there's in-game evidence too of course).
    What you're saying is some people don't abide by contract clauses, to which I reply: be careful when dealing with users that can't be trusted. I don't think there's much we can do/change to avoid a user scamming another.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I am suggesting that there should be a better way to deal with personal loans. As of now, personal loans that are broken, and, if there is valid evidence, the contract-breaker is sued in small claims court. I believe that this is not a good way to deal with thing like this, although the scammer gets sued, that usually doesn't help the person who was scammed. I believe that there should be a better way to deal with personal loans, because if someone is scammed, they should get some money back. It's not fair that personal loans can easily be broken; let's say I pay someone 2 Mil, to be paid back within 1 month, and then they just don't pay it back, or leave the country, I won't have gotten my money back, even though I felt completely safe giving it to them, as I took a picture of the agreement. All that will happen is them getting sued, which doesn't really benefit me, just stops future people from getting scammed. Please deal with this. To be honest, I don't really think this suggestion will be accepted, but I'm just trying to bring up this issue.

Hello!
    Welcome to EcoCityCraft and real life!
    Enjoy the ride! <3

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.