Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Inactive Tool Ownership

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SirSpuzzy, Jul 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    In Game Name:
    SirSpuzzy
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Unactive Tool Ownership
    What are you suggesting:
    Inactive players can have their owned tools claimed by someone else.
    Players could fill out an application to claim an inactive players tool as they would a town claim
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Means people are not stuck with worthless tools
    Other information:
    Personally; i retrieved a lvl2 pickaxe from a town i claimed from someone who was inactive for awhile. This pick is near worthless to me as i cannot own it
    ("Inactive player" meaning a player who has not logged into the server for 6 months or more)
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thonk Thonk x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #1 SirSpuzzy, Jul 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    -1 for a lot of reasons I will discuss:

Just because the tool doesn't belong to you doesn't mean that it is worthless. You can still use it & upgrade it, you just can't reclaim it if you lose it. Hell, people have sold tools owned by inactive players in the past for a win win (player gets some decent money & the buyer gets a cheaper tool, they just know there is a risk that the original owner can come back and reclaim it)

Now past that, I am against claiming inactive players tools like a town claim for free. If there was a fee for transferring tools, then I could get on board with it, like 1mil for magic tools, 2mil for star tools, and 15k for vanilla tools

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. SirSpuzzy

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    Yes, im all for putting some fee on it to claim it. another way to pull money from the economy sounds like a good idea

4. nejcgg

nejcgg EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +18
    If the player hasn’t logged in for 3-6 months, a fee should be charged.

5. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    -1 stop trying to punish inactive players
    U can use it if you wish, so yes it's worth something. But by worth you mean sellable don't you?

6. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    +1 I like this idea - it makes sense, perhaps and application process + attempting to contact the inactive player via forums - a small fee or payment of nstars to transfer ownership

7. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    I entirely agree with this. We already punish inactive players enough, we take their towns, their locks and now you want to take their /own away. Let’s not make this server into a second job, if people want to leave for a year or two, they should not be destroyed economically.

I’m also against the entire idea of town claims but that’s a whole other thing.

8. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +968

Tool IDs are something that literally never get touched by staff, I have legitimately never seen it happen for any reason, and honestly don't want to see it for any reason.

This may have been said twice already but we already punish inactive players enough. Towns, locks, and given a long enough time period even balances and inventories. Tool ID's should be kept sacred.

9. SirSpuzzy

Ratings:
    +242
    Towns can be saved; you can apply for an unclaimable town. Also with the usage of flags all your stuff will remain protected. Personally almost none of my chests are locked as i use flags to protect it all. So if someone wants to go inactive there are ways to protect your stuff

10. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    The unclaimable town application forces you to give up your right arm and your firstborn child. $2 million + 1k nether stars is clearly only meant to be afforded by the ultra-rich, end game players. An average Joe just trying to have fun is not going to be able to afford this.

This is a USD purchase. Are we expected to *have* to pay money in order to simply keep our belongings safe? Yes you can pay someone else to buy it for you but at the end of the day, someone will have to fork over some cash.

Isn't this suggestion/thread literally requesting we remove some of those protections?

#10 LaggyTryHard, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  11. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Yeah, fuck past me. This was stupid for me to even suggest this. After reading other responses, I agree that we need to stop punishing inactivity. ECC is already time consuming enough. I know I don’t play that often anymore, but that’s mostly because I work two jobs, run an up-in-growing important Twitter for the Brony Music scene by myself, do write and perform music, write for a side hustle, and try to have a social life outside of my computer. I’m lucky enough to log in once a week still, but there are others that cannot. Yes, a good amount of people who are inactive do leave the server for good, but a lot eventually come back. I know I would be pissed if I lost my hard earned tools if I had to take an extended break from ECC for irl stuff.

At the end of the day, irl is more important than ECC. Let’s not give people another reason for anxiety to log on at a certain time frame.

Like I said in my previous post, it’s not like you cannot use the tools or possibly sell them to others (with the risk of reclaim).

12. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,278,500
    Ratings:
    +690
    As said above, just because a tool is owned by somebody else doesn't mean it's worthless.

When somebody goes offline for a long period of time, their inventory and balance get cleared, their towns can be taken and their locks can be taken.

Taking their only decent money making method (tools) as well would go too far in my opinion.

13. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946

1) ECC is a long-term game and inactivity shouldn’t be heavily punished imo.

2) The economy doesn’t need more tools in circulation.

14. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    I appreciate all the discussion and I did read all of it, but...
    Tool ownership is sacred, we don't even force ownership transfer under contract in any circumstance. The only time a tool own is force changed is in a very rare case of the tool being obtained against rules, usually via exploit or some other illegal means. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've had to do this.

Anyway, we won't be offering this feature. Owned tools still have value, albeit with some risk of reclaim by the owner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.