+45
    In Game Name:
    banannaboat
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    /help gameplay explanation
    What are you suggesting:
    A command similar to the shopdb one in terms of setup, where new uses can be directed such as /help main or /help gameplay and be directed to a forum link explaining what an economy server is, how ours works, etc. Once mods direct a new player here, they can say something along the lines of 'feel free to ask any other questions!' so mods are still helping new players, as is a big part of their jobs.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    New players are consistently asking questions about how to play in global w/mods that could simply be addressed with an FAQ. It would reduce spam and be clearer than the explanations sometimes given, such as 'this is an economy server,' which often prompts more questions.
    Other information:
    it's easy to see a con that mods won't be helping new players as much and diminishing their role a little bit, but I think after new players read this their questions for mods will be more in-depth and personal since they will have a better understanding of the main servers.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Custom
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

Edit: After reading comments from Laggy and Taylor (thanks for responding!) I guess I should clarify a little bit. Tutorial can sometimes be a little choppy/diff to read, so my suggestion is just adding a help command with a forum link that could be recommended after they've read tutorial if they are still unclear. It would probably help explain things a little more concisely and be easier to read, and I'm sure we already have a forum page explaining how to play, so I don't think it would be a difficult link, but I may be wrong! Just another way to help out new players.

#1 BanAnnaBoat, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
  2. LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    If they haven't read the tutorial then i doubt they would bother reading a FAQ,
    I'm sure this can be something setup by players as well.
    Just put a forum post with a bunch of FAQ's and u can link it to them; doesn't need to be a staff thing

3. TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    Imo this would negate the need for /tutorial. Tutorial shows new users all the need to know, they can ask staff for any other questions.
    Just another command to remember and another help channel which I don’t think is needed.
    Like @LaggyTryHard said too, if new players won’t read /tutorial, then they’re unlikely to read a help chapter.

I can see the sentiment behind this, but I don’t think it’s needed - it’s what we have /tutorial for.

4. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,113
    The only way to understand EcoCityCraft is to play EcoCityCraft.
    We have far more than enough material, including tutorial videos and more.
    There is no need for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.