Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] half the prices of /warp enchant

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by yandyyyy, Jan 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +212
    In Game Name:
    YandereDevil
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    half the prices of /warp enchant
    What are you suggesting:
    im suggesting that the xp cost of enchantements at /warp enchant are halved
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    this is a good addition because the amount of xp gained from mobs was recently halved, i understand the argument could be made that "we have tools that give more xp now so the price shouldnt be changed" but arguably if you have magic crossbows/swords/bows you probably dont need the enchantments at /warp enchant as you have other lategame stuff aswell.

lowering the xp cost of stuff at /warp enchant would only affect the newer players to ecc, as this would give them easier access to enchantments which would increase the likelihood of them staying on the server
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:
    idk
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. kkha

kkha Norwegian Country Man
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +150
    -1, absolutely not, it would just make the even not so hardcore part of the server, even less hardcore.

You need 30 xp levels to enchant using an enchantment table, much cheaper.

This do not get any support from me.

3. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +212
    bro youve spent like 10 grand on this server, it was never hardcore for you

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. kkha

Ratings:
    +150
    Oh man it was a grind the first 1-2 months, then more, and more tools got in the market, easier and easier to get, then the grind went so low, that i began to get god drops to just make it even easier :p

5. techy88

techy88 Tech-savvy Nub
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +262
    -1 I also don't support this. nstars are easier than ever to buy for xp with current profits made from mining etc. Less of a grind now than when I started.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #5 techy88, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  6. kkha

Ratings:
    +150
    I would much rather raised the prices, or just removed whole the /warp enchant, its much more grind, and hardcore to enchant with an table :)

7. 0TheRedHerring0

0TheRedHerring0 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

EcoDollars:
    $175,286
    Ratings:
    +360
    +1 The decrease in exp out put was designed to make nstars and by extension god drops harder to get. It was not designed to make regular enchanted tools more difficult, which negatively effects newer players. I think it’s good to make sure newer players are insulated in someway from nerfs designed to limit the output of top tier magic tools.

8. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,383
    I beg to question if anyone has any data on whether new players actually use the expshop or find it difficult to afford the prices, or if they choose to just enchant the traditional way via an enchantment table and risk their luck because it costs them much less.
    I feel the exp shop should cost you to guarantee the enchant you wish to get for your tool, enchanting with an enchantment table is already much cheaper and you will potentially get near max enchants with a bit of luck.

I also feel it is much easier now than in the past for a new player to make decent money without a massive amount of setup, Fish and Iron Ore mining are two good money makers that come to mind. Money = nstars, which = exp, which = better tools. You don't need to rely only on the exp gains from various grinding to earn exp. Money earns exp too.

Currently neutral on the suggestion, I'm not a fan of making the game hard for new players, but I'm not entirely sure if this change is needed.

9. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    -1 since enchantment tables got reimplemented, people don’t necessarily use /warp exp. That server shop exists for people who want a specific enchantment there and now or want to add to an already existent tool. A good amount of enchantments are already pretty low tbf, and they shouldn’t be lower. I wouldn’t be against this if etables were suddenly disabled, but because they are, then I do disagree.

Also, stating “exp drops were halves, so we must halve enchants” is not a good argument if I’m being honest. If they are changed, it isn’t going to change the amount of people who use it (because of etables), just will take less exp out of the market

10. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    +1 since the current numbers no longer have any basis in reality.

11. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    No.

12. JRigz

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +144
    Newer players already have it easy enough to make money, I dont see why we should make it easier for them to get enchants as well. Just my opinion -_o_-

#12 JRigz, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  13. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +433
    +1 I'm all for making things easier on new players and even players who have been around a bit who can't spend USD on the server. Most of us commenting here have likely not used /warp enchant in a long time, but it can be easy to forget what it's like without having access to god/magic tools. For the few established/rich players that maybe still use the signs there, the price change will likely have little to no effect on their wealth long-term. A lot of new players get frustrated very quickly with how hard it is to earn exp already, and I imagine it is quite disappointing to waste it all on an enchant they weren't looking for. The current prices are way overpriced, making it even more difficult for new players to get established. It's important to keep in mind these new players do not have the connections on the server that some of us do, and can't get whatever god/magic tool they need instantly. This will have little to no effect on the economy for most of us, as we have no need for /warp enchant since we have god/magic tools, which are way more powerful than anything available there.

14. techy88

techy88 Tech-savvy Nub
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +262
    While I do respect your opinion I disagree. I personally have used expshop within the past 2 months to make my character on mn a new set of tools before I had travelbag to easily move tools. and back then I was still mining as I didn't have my magic pick. Money is so easy to make starting out it's not funny. Especially with the 10K bonus that didn't exist when I started. New players have it made.

#14 techy88, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  15. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    We don't take suggestions on pricing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List