Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Feature Transfers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by moshebroder1, Apr 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moshebroder1

moshebroder1 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    In Game Name:
    moshebroder1
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Feature Transfers
    What are you suggesting:
    That features are transferable from one account to another. I just bought ext commands, and it is completely useless to me. I would like to transfer it to another person, who needs it more than me. I'm sure this problem has happened to plenty other people as well, so I ask that you address this issue.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    People who buy a feature that they don't like can give it away.
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    -1 I can see some big exploits with this. I can see this becoming a thing maybe if you pay extra money to the server, but that isn't a good option either.

3. moshebroder1

moshebroder1 Builder

Ratings:
    +7
    ok, fine, pay money to the server, but i really want to give it away and im sure others do also

4. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    If you have enough money to buy feats, you should be able to read. If you’re able to read, you should be able to go on to the wiki using the links provided and check the benefits conferred by the feature.

If you buy the feature without even taking the time to do those 45 seconds of research, that sounds like your own problem

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. moshebroder1

moshebroder1 Builder

Ratings:
    +7
    Why are you discriminating against people who can't read?;)
    Even though someone knows about the perks, what if they buy it, then realize they have no use for them?

6. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    So on a small scale, this sounds fine until you consider the larger scale. Let's say I, am player who no longer plays much, could give my features away. I'd sell them to someone, now, I'm not playing much anymore, so that's no skin off my back, and the guy I sold to for ECD got $15,000 USD in features now. Great right?

Oh but wait... I don't need those feats anymore so I'm not going to buy them again and he doesn't need to spend that $15,000 USD because I paid someone else to do it, last year. So the server can now, not make cash off of him or me.

Now lets consider the # of inactive players who could transfer their feats around OR even the # of active ones that just don't feel like using a specfic feature. Everytime they transfer that feat to another player, thats a sale that goes poof from the server.

It's not a discrimination issue its an issue of what your suggestion means on a large scale. On a small scale, just you, thats like what, $100 server loss. On a large scale, hell even just me, that's a $15,000 server loss.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. yokeby52

yokeby52 Penguin?
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +538
    This, I feel like the server deficits from this kind of suggestion.

I also feel like this also only benefits a small population of users. I feel like something of this caliber would call for some kind of server-wide user necessity.

To be honest, I think I've heard of instances of an individuals features being transferred between their own accounts due to a loss of original account. Something like their main being hacked and having their features transferred from main to 2nd account. But even then, I feel like that's a super rare instance that doesn't get accepted very often.

TL;DR, -1. Benefits too small of a population for something like this. Also, causes financial deficit to the server at the same time.

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    This is possibly the second time ever in my ten years here hearing of this "problem".
    With that said, there is no need for this.

#8 andrewkm, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.