Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Enable Entity Damage in Vanish (Mining)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WeirdBuilder, Jul 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
    In Game Name:
    WeirdBuilder
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Enable Entity Damage in Vanish (Mining)
    What are you suggesting:
    A recent bug report which sought to disable PVP damage had the undesirable secondary effect of also disabling damage dealt to entities in vanish. Most importantly, this affects the privacy and security of private spawners in the mining worlds.

I suggest that we re-enable damage dealt to entities while in Vanish in the mining world.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    User's who spend 100's to 1000's+ of USD ought to be able to use their monthly spawner setups in privacy assuming they also purchased investigator. With this current change, it would be incredibly easy for anybody to spend some time flying around the world spamming /near and locate anyone's spawners currently in use, which can eventually lead to griefing and private spawners becoming trolled or openly revealed to the public.

tl;dr: Many people purchase spawners with the expectation that they would be able to use them in private. Not to say that they shouldn't be discoverable through sheer luck, but that there shouldn't be an incredibly easy method through /near to actively locate them.
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Our vanish plugin.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #1 WeirdBuilder, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  2. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    Either allow to hit mobs in vanish, or at a minimum disable /near so that you cannot search for players spawners. Big +1 on this one!

3. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    +1 for sure! I was unaware this was an issue but it would definitely be nice for players who have /vanish to sit at their spawners in peace and actually be able to deal damage to the mobs.

#3 Karin_88, Jul 25, 2020
  4. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    Massive +1. Without the ability to kill mobs while in vanish in the mining world you are susceptible to trolls who will find your spawner setup and mess with your ability to be able to farm efficiently. Ontop of that the amount that you need to spend in order to get your spawners is already very high, and I know a lot of people would be upset if someone can simply find your spawner because you can no longer farm in vanish.

5. icbomber38

icbomber38 I can't complain but sometimes I still do
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    +1...I've already had a couple of my expensive spawner setups griefed for no good reason and this would just add to it. please fix asap.

6. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Ladies and Gentlemen. Friends and Foes... Players and Staff! I feel I must tell you... when I filed that bug report... the sole goal was to solve a true problem! No one and I mean no one, should have to protect themselves from a player murdering them while vanished. That being said... this... this was never what was supposed to happen.

At the end of the day, we should all be able to use our spawner keys and/or spawners purchased off of others in peace to some extent. If you have spent the money to be able to vanish and have spent a ton of money in game to buy spawners, you should be able to continue with the same level of protection you've always had. Of course, any rando can walk across your spawner some day. Or you might screw up one day and forget to vanish and get /seen'd. But at the end of the day, you've paid for some protection in the form of /vanish. We should be able to use it as we have for at least 7 years and kill some dang mobs. Especially when you consider that a LOT of people bought this as protection in the Nether from other players, where there are Blaze Spawners naturally.

This is Revanrose6 and I approve this message. I also approve the messages above me. Please... don't let me be the staff member who led us down the path to hell by simply trying to fix what I thought to be a small bug in vanish... Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. kimi2QT

kimi2QT Ultra kawaii weeb
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +72
    +1 though a rather unfortunately side-effect of resolving another issue. Grinding out of vanish poses too many risks.

8. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    +1 imo this will become a huge trolling issue if it's not resolved

#8 Chundi_Jr, Jul 25, 2020
  9. SpartanAmaroq

SpartanAmaroq President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐

Ratings:
    +19
    +1 Ditto to what the above have said.

10. EtherealSquid

EtherealSquid Former ServerAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,155
    I believe our vanish plugin has a perms node for bypassing the block. If it is functional, and could be enabled with the world context of only mining worlds, that might work as a "fix"

11. Libbyyjo

Libbyyjo Mother of Cats
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +213
    Yes

12. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    No one needs to lead us. It's quite clearly marked at spawn.

+1 I make some big grinders for myself and others at times. Vanish helps keep that work safe.

13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    I believe this should now be changed.
    Vanish should not allow you to attack mobs/players in Rising, Nether, End.
    Vanish should allow you to attack mobs/players in Mining.

If you find it is not working as intended, please file a bug report as it would now be considered a bug.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.