Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] ECC 2.0 Magic Sunday suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ChineseOverlord, Apr 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    What you are suggesting at the end about nerfing prices doesn't actually help.
    It actually makes things worse.
    I means newer players make even less and even though magic tools seem to earn less. They technically earn the same amount in comparison to everything else.
    That's why they have explored other things such as cool downs that effect end game tools over new player tools.

Nerf everything never works. Just saying

2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    I couldn't agree more.

Always interesting to see on these sorts of suggestions the variety of players (and even staff) who think the best solution is to make things difficult for newer players just so they can hold onto some arbitrary value.

3. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,629
    Or we could just screw all these stupid magic and god tools ect and go back to how it is suppose to uno when economy was good we fixed something that wasn't broken #startoolsonly.:D:p

#23 jwpwns, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  4. ChineseOverlord

ChineseOverlord ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +20
    While I am not opposed to this at all, it's real hard to make everyone happy at that point when some have so many tools. We all agree, magic tools are incredibly OP, but I don't think there is a realistic way to just remove them xD

5. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +146
    I don't like the idea of removing magic tools. They offer a fresh gameplay (magic axe, pick, shovel especially), which is enjoyable.

Tho, if I thought magic Sunday was a very good idea, indeed for some timezone it can be hard (I heard about Australian players, for whom the magic sunday starts in the early morning of Monday).

However I don't agree with the suggestion, because the issue will remain : Australian people will have one day (the Saturday of most timezone, the sunday for them), whereas others will benefit from 2 days.

But since this issue needs a solution, I try to give a line of approach.
    Making something close to the way features work, it could be interesting if a player can use something that gives him the power of using magic tools for 24 hrs. This way it's not the items that work, but the user has the power to use them (so /trading a magic tool would be pointless). The player would have a temporary power (call it feature or whatever) during 24hrs. It is as if we could do /fly to be able to fly during 24 hrs. The 168 hrs cooldown (7 days) would work like for all /kit (rare, spawner, everything).

This way every 7 days, each player have the power to access magic tools for 24hrs only.

This coule be implanted with a command (/tool or idk) or via an item, gotten with a /kit or so, with starts the temporary allowance to use the power, and can't be traded or looted (like the ice of Investigation)

I understand one point of the magic Sunday is also to gather people one day to have a high pic of players, so the server has more dynamic this specific day. However by doing so people can farm with magic tools when they are free (work schedule, kids, timezones), and even if the majority is more likely to use it the Sunday, I think there is a good % of people who will appreciate being able to chose the day they farm.

I hesitated making a specific suggestion, but it might be clearer to gather ideas on one thread, for productivity reasons. If making another suggestion was somehow inappropriate, I apologize.

I hope we will manage to come out with a solution that please as many players as possible.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. ChineseOverlord

ChineseOverlord ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +20
    No need to make a separate suggestion, you repeated a lot of what we have already said xD

7. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,319
    I agree that there should be some tools that should not be included in the “only Magic Sunday” day. Well, really only the shovel in my opinion as well as the 2x MCMMO boost with magic armor. You can make a strong argument for the axe possibly, but that tool and the pick should stay in Magic Sunday imo.

8. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +146
    When I was talking about the removal, I was refering to the previous answers dealing with the come back of star tools only. I was saying that some tools are too interesting to get rid of.

Regarding the magic sunday, obviously the axe and pick should be used only during it, since they are money making tools. Having armor / shovel / shears during the week could be nice tho (shears aren't money making, you make Max 2k per hour selling wool to players, I don't think it's game breaker - it's essentially a building tool)

9. Electro_Claw

Electro_Claw Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐

Ratings:
    +7
    I honestly believe that the best solution to the problem with magic tools is to not limit it to a day but put a player based limit on how long you can use it for. I think somebody said this earlier but if you limit each player to only being able to use magic tools for 10-20 hours a week then people who can’t play on whatever day will be happy and people without magic tools will be happy as well.

10. Flehx

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +59
    I do not regret the things I said previously. I am very neutral about this thread. I want the restrictions to be much more lenient especially for those who have the different tiers of Wizard (Plus and Plus2 specifically). If not that, then I believe the Magic Tool / Item Abilites need a nerf because they produce too much ECD and EXP. I would love to see a nerf of EXP output changed to Level II (2 exp) and Level III (4 exp).

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,098
    I am looking into making this a rotating thing (every 8 days for example) so it always falls on a different day of the week.

Doing this on any sort of "24 hour claim" simply falls out of the question due to how easy it is to grab 6 alt accounts, share magic tools, and voila, what was the point of the reset suddenly? Economy dead again.

Same goes for blacklisting tool IDs after they were redeemed for say, 7 automated days. What happens when someone has 7 of the same magic tool with different IDs. Idea flawed suddenly. Economy dead again.

Same goes for "let's just nerf everything and base the economy around the OP tools". Ok, but then do we give every new player these tools? Obviously not as you worked for them. So what now, we just screw all the new players, and once again, we're back to square one. Economy dead again.

I appreciate all the ideas, and believe me, we've been thinking about all of them for quite a long while now, but each idea has flaws. The only one that has the least flaws is a day rotation for usage. Some will be screwed out of usage, that is to be expected, but there is no way we can make everyone happy during this reset.

Anyways, will be denying this suggestion only because ECC 2.0 is quite some time out, let's first get the structure of the server, and the server out before we start making suggestions officially.

We will however have a discussion thread for community input made soon. :)
    Please do wait for my updated ECC 2.0 news post that I'm still working on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #31 andrewkm, Apr 3, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.