Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] ECC 2.0 Magic Sunday suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ChineseOverlord, Apr 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChineseOverlord

ChineseOverlord ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +20
    In Game Name:
    ChineseOverlord
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    ECC 2.0 Magic Sunday suggestion
    What are you suggesting:
    I know 2.0 is not out yet, and nothing is set in stone, this is purely an idea over suggestion after much talk with fellow players. I do not expect a definite YES WE GONNA DO THIS, this just seemed the most appropriate way to share my idea on the subject.

I fully support limiting the amount of time on these OP tools to keep the economy more hardcore and the wealth gap smaller. However, I am worried with the 1 specific day of the week time frame. Many people work or may have other obligations on said day, and would miss out on all/a majority of the use of their tools. I believe (in Andrew's words "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, just if I want to do it or not" :D) we could come up with a similar system in a couple of ways.

Extend it to Magic weekends. This however would essentially double the overall time but give more players access to the time frame. Honestly a Win-Lose.

Develop a system that gives X amount of hours of Magic tool use either during a set time period/days OR anytime in a given week. Realistically, even the most hardcore player wont top 12 hours in a day of actual grinding/making use of said tool, meaning the hourly limit could be, in my opinion. 8-12 hours, again either in a set span of days OR throughout a calendar week.

I'm no programmer, but possibly a consumable that gives a "magic enabled" status effect or something available once per week via /kit or something.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Give more people access to their magic tools given some people could/do have busy schedules on Sundays. Expanding it out to an hourly system would still limit the amount of time it can be used, but give more players the freedom to not feel obligated to play as much as possible in one day to get the most of their already expensive tools.
    Other information:
    Mostly explained above.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Possible coding to implement an hourly system or /kit with consumable as explained above
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    The idea of a single day for all people having magic enabled is just plainly horrid sounding for many reasons.

Figure out a way to make it implemented as a command per-user and boom, they get 24hrs of magic enabled (not able to be toggled off once used) and solves the people having problems on a per-day-of-the-week basis.

3. ChineseOverlord

Ratings:
    +20
    Even if its not 24. Because lets be honest none of us are gonna pull 24 hours grinding on sunday anyway midnight to midnight. I think 12-15 hours is plenty, but that's just me.

4. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    Timing of any amount would be fine tbh just as long as it's choosable by the player to avoid the situation of "Well shucks, can't get on ECC today. Guess I'll just die inside for another week until I can use my Magic Tools with their intended properties again."

5. xdogx

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +45
    +1, either a weekend or a one day time slot able to be redeemed by a player like Fwg said.

This restriction to one day is already annoying enough because when the tools and their increased levels and powers were originally implemented, along with the ability for one $180 feat to bring a tool to max level (before wizard was nerfed) there had to be some sort of thought as to what the future economy would look like (on top of a double in prestige rewards to 10% THEN adding magic items for and ADDITIONAL 1.5x, then a nerf to below what prestiges originally started at and a nerf to magic items).

Players who already obtained these items shouldn't be punished for poor handling and obvious extreme inflation of the economy. Restricting tools to once a week just seems like an extreme way to solve an economic issue that was caused, then amplified, then exploded by the people now "fixing" it.

#5 xdogx, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  6. luxuriantspy5

Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +29
    +1 I support the idea of a time frame and able to use it once a week but I also think these magic tools should be able to be used outside of the one magic day or timeframe. I think the magic tools should act like a star tool of the magic tool. For example a magic hoe lvl3 acts like a god hoe and loses the auto replant ability outside of Sunday or the time frame. Another example would making the magic melon sword lose the auto pickup ability the rest of the week except when magic is enable. That way players can still utilize the tool they pay so much for the whole week just at a star tool capacity.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  7. ChineseOverlord

Ratings:
    +20
    I have also thought of this, but with what little I know, coding something like that may be somewhat difficult. However, it may very well be possible and not as hard as I think. +1 for sure.

8. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +572
    There should 100% be a command to activate your day / days of usage. The tool you're using should also lose magic for the other days but still be useable as its base form. Magic pick would be an eff7 if it's level 3 it would have fortune 3 etc. It feels like I'm being punished for spending multiple years grinding up the money for my ranks and then grinding up again for features etc to be able to finally afford a magic tool just to be punished for other people's actions.

#8 OniFox_, Apr 1, 2021
  9. Dwite_

Dwite_ /warp lakewood
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +200
    I like the idea and agree that there should be a system in place to use magic tools other than just on sundays. However, if this change were to be implemented I would like to see something where these tools can’t just be rented out for the other ~95% of the week. Not sure if everyone feels the same way , but I like your idea to have 8 hours of use on either Saturday or Sunday.

10. ChineseOverlord

Ratings:
    +20
    Thank you guys for the input! Love hearing everyones ideas

11. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    Yes, please change magic Sundays to a more flexible plan, as most players with kids will be spending the day getting everything ready for school and such, sundays are also homework/study days for a lot of people, and well, it'll clash with the last day of VMR so players will have to choose...

Anyways, without giving too many excuses, a command only available on weekends that gives you x number of hours with /Magic would be pretty cool, I hope this is accepted.

+1

#11 OlympiansAreGods, Apr 1, 2021
  12. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    +1 because I usually do chores on sundays while saturdays are more of a fun day

13. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    +1, but introduce a system to prevent people from renting out tools outside of the timeframe.

14. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Just make so magic doesn't work unless you /own it

15. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I will also add (if it hasn't been stated because I skimmed) that the concept of "Sunday" is different per timezone. A set 24hr period to use tools means that certain areas (primarily off-peak timezones) will get screwed out of magic time compared to other zones. And if it was changed to be something like 36 set hours, then that means others get longer magic periods.

Bottom line, there is no fair way in my opinion for a set day to use magic tools and items, so the idea of a command or something to initiate magic tools is the best method.

My only issue is people could exploit this with alt accounts. Let's be honest, some people have alts that aren't registered towards their main, or at the very least, have access to other's accounts. There is no denying this fact. Maybe making the use of magic per tool or per IP, but even then, there are other issues.

I don't know a good solution for this potential issue, but it needs to be addressed if we are talking about magic that is set for the player and not a specific day.

Edit: one solution I just thought of (which may suck) is the player can activate magic, which gives them the 24hr buff, but all tools that are owned by the player become "black-listed" afterwards (even if not used), in which case nobody could use those tools afterwards. In addition, any magic tools that are not owned by the player that enter the player's inventory are also "black-listed" for the week. That way all those tools can't be rented out later. Basically, tools only work if they are activated, not "black-listed," and the player has an active magic on their ID.

It sounds crazy, and would possibly require a lot of coding and staff involvement, but it might work.

#15 Jdawger, Apr 1, 2021
  16. Flehx

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +59
    I like what @xdogx has to say and I agree with what they say completely.

I do not understand why players who spent countless hours or USD grinding for their /Magic upgrades or Magic Tools are facing repercussions. It is unfortunate that the server economy was neglected far too long, and we have to now face these repercussions from those who looked the other way. If you do not want the players to use their Magic Tools/Items/Armor whenever, then you should remove them completely instead of limiting us from using what we worked hard for. If you want to fix how much they make as well, then you should lower the server prices so they are not too overpowered.

17. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    So as opposed to being able to use these tools for the benefit they give one day a week, you'd rather they all be nerfed as to have no benefit anyway?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thonk Thonk x 1
    • List
    #17 Nicit6, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2021
  18. cremRL

cremRL President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15
    Yes

19. Flehx

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +59
    Yes, my point. I did not grind countless hours to use it for a day. I want to use it all the time even if that is taking a loss in future profits.

20. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    +1 to removing all magic tools <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.