Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] complex plot making

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nstars, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nstars

Nstars Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    In Game Name:
    xPriamx
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    complex plot making
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that some sort of complex plot making becomes accessible. so that you can make a plot in whatever shape you want instead of just squares/rectangles.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    this would allow for more creative designs and make it 100x easier to plot irregular shapes. there are many examples of different instances that this would be used, however ill just use mine for this suggestion. I have 7 areas at /warp fortunes made from netherack which fill gaps in-between paths, and I want to make these pvp active zones. these are all irregular shapes and to do this I would have to do at least 30 different plots for each area. which would cost at least 1mil per area if I want to make the plots perfect. if I was able to make irregular shapes plots, I could do 1 plot for each area and it would be way more efficient for me, placing the plots, and the admin who is enabling the pvp areas.
    Other information:
    suggesting this because Andrew said anything is possible so it gave me hope
    Plugin or custom addition:
    n/a
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. edrandom

edrandom edsleepy
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +81
    +1 this would be cool

3. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    +1 It would be very cool, but I'm pretty sure this isn't supported by worldguard. Hopefully this isn't too much of an ask for the devs.

4. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +212
    +1 nothing is impossible, this should be added

5. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    @FuriuosGeorge had a idea with making complex Plots that he was going to do for mine.
    I cant really explain it myself as that was the whole reason why I got him to plot my town xD

I like the idea, but Im sure how this is actually possible as I would assume Worldguard goes off of 2 points, the whole time.

You could essentially make a square plot and then use another area to disable breaking making it a custom shape. But im getting into the explanation of what furious might do if he is about.

+1-1

6. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    +1

Stating that I am not any way knowledgeable in plugins, nor the exact setups / permissions we have, but I believe worldguard is compatible with the //sel poly function parts of world edit, and so I believe is technically possible in a pure install of both world guard and world edit.

I do not know however if this is easily compatible with our setups of permissions in regards to wg/we, and looking at PvP arena apps usage would be quite complicated to achieve (however increased costs, and working with the applicant while online could help I guess)

#6 kenny0011, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  7. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    My idea would be more for denial of user stable flags. Because this entails pvp unless we get access to that flag... Did I just see a flying pig... This may be an admin thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. GoProDojo

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +271
    What would be the point of different shaped plots though? Why not just make a big normal plot and just build in the shape you want? It’s not like you can visibly see the shape of the plot.

9. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I believe the point is so town flags can be applied to irregularly shaped areas.

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This is possible with WorldGuards current API and the system we use, and would require a pretty heavy deal of development work, however at this time I'm not willing to consider this, there's just too many issues popping into my head with staff work and my own debuging work when issues arrive, and the last thing I want to deal with is non cube regions lol. I'm sorry, perhaps in the future I'll attempt to wrap my head around such a task, but at this time I won't be attempting this one. <3

#10 andrewkm, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.