+36
    In Game Name:
    CardRaindrop431
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    change how town claim ownership works
    What are you suggesting:
    I was thinking we should allow town claims for towns if the official owner is gone for 6+ months instead of all owners being gone for that long from that town and the reason for this is the obvious loophole this gives people from having to buy the unclaimable towns application
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This would be good cause it would force those who rely on this loophole to either log in every 6 months or buy the unclaimable town application the latter benefitting the economy by having the ecd and netherstars used taken out of the economy
    Other information:
    just a thought i had when reading over the town claim rules
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
  2. PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +309
    Ive seen many towns with a ridiculous amount of owners purely to stop them from being claimed due to inactivity which imo defeats the purpose of being able to apply for unclaimable towns. +1

3. Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,353
    Soft +1, like barely a +1.

There are some people who co-own towns with others, so I believe that is why that rule is in place, and why we need to check their activity too. However, I agree that it probably should be 6 months as well. Maybe we should change it to a lower amount of time for listed owners. Maybe like 3 months, and with permission if under 3 months

#3 Jdawger, Jul 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
  4. TM_iBeast Not Staff Member
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +484
    -1. Town claims are meant to be rare. If the official owner isn't here but the town is active with an unofficial owner, you'd be fine with that town being claimed? If someone trusts a user enough to make them an owner, that person should be considered for the town claim activity.

5. coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +575
    i can see why this is a good idea but also i can see the trouble it will cause.
    I have friends who are inactive and im the active one and i own assets , vaults and builds in their towns - so i would consider myself an owner of the town just as much as they are.

• Agree x 2
    • Potato x 1
    • List
  6. bsqt Head of Sports
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +337
    +/- 1

I agree with coow

7. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +36
    yes but thats the point of unclaimable application if u want to leave for an extended period and just have other owners so u dont get a town claim on ur town thats obviously using a loophole to not spend any nether stars or ecd

8. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +36
    you can have the official owner give you the town and have them still be owners just not the official one cause its pretty unfair that u can just have anyone be a owner just to avoid getting town claimed and avoid having to spend anything on getting the unclaimable town application especially staff members being co-owners

9. coow_coow Shiny Staff

Ratings:
    +575
    I think it would be pretty unfair someone is able to claim the town with my vault in, when im active and im a co-owner of the town.
    I have towns that are given to me just not offically sign over in a contract cos they might want to return one day, and it costs a bit money to transfer ownership offically.

• Agree x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
  10. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +36
    well i mean thats why i said they can give u the official ownership just cause one might return or doesnt want to pay a fee to hand over ownership is pretty unfair to those who dont rely on this loophole its pretty simple just log in or pay for unclaimable, or hand over ownership thats how it should be not leveraging ur connections by having a staff member be co-owner just to insure your town is safe it is quite scummy to do that

11. coow_coow Shiny Staff

Ratings:
    +575
    im not sure keeping my friends items and vaults safe in thier absence is scummy, life gets busy sometimes, and for them to trust me with their towns and to protect thier items is exactly what friends are for.

i will mention that if someone adds me to their town and I have no connection,builds or belongings there - i will remove myself in this case.

• Winner x 2
    • Potato x 1
    • List
  12. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +36
    ur avoiding the main point i am making they are having owners just to avoid potential town claims or avoid spending ecd its not ur job to make sure your friends items are safe if they want to do that they can just hand over ownership or even easier just log in

13. BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,518
    the application to make a town unclaimable was not around as long as towns have been. i dont think the server introducing an official way to make a town unclaimable should remove other methods people have used before. Towns are not just owned by 1 player in many cases. many players share towns. -1

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • List
  14. TM_iBeast Not Staff Member

Ratings:
    +484
    Trying to claim someone's town and belongings is significantly more scummy. Also that method isn't exclusive to those with friends on staff, just to those with friends they trust. The unclaimable app is for people who wish not to trust anyone to be a co-owner.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
  15. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +36
    thats very backwards thinking just cause something has been one way before a change was made doesnt mean it cant or shouldnt be changed now cause i mean its an obvious loophole people can use to avoid doing what should be done properly

16. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +36
    lol and abusing a loophole isnt??? right cause that makes any sense its part of the game to lose ur stuff if u have been gone a certain amount of time including town claims all one has to do to prevent thier town being claimed is simply log in

17. BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,518
    This message tells me your looking to claim towns for economical gain. If i recall correctly, town claims arent there to make economical gain. its supposed to be to revive builds, towns, etc. I get wanting more of a chance to be able to claim towns, but this aint it. It would completely ruin it for other players that co-own towns. If i create a plot town and go inactive, but have 3 others as co-owner who still run the town presently. They should not have the town removed from under them simply due to me being inactive. Its basic understanding.

18. TM_iBeast Not Staff Member

Ratings:
    +484
    Yes that's very productive for the community. Once you leave, you're gone forever. Also, it's not a loophole. It's just how the rule is written lmfao. If those people who were added don't wish yo be owners, they can remove themselves.

19. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +36
    lol no. like i said in the suggestion this was a thought i had when reading over the town claim rules and the official owner can just hand off the town to whoever is running it if they dont want to pay the unclaimable or are unable to log in their shouldnt be a loophole where the official owner can just add owners to avoid being claimed or paying up simple logic really.

20. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +36
    ?? u dont make any sense lmao. its not like the rule for claiming towns goes away if the person can log on then no town claim.and yes its a loophole since its a way to avoid having ur town claimed while also avoiding to either hand it off officially or pay the unclaimable hence loophole lmao.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.