Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    In Game Name:
    Revanrose6
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Builders Spawn on Main North
    What are you suggesting:
    Have new builders spawn on Main North instead of Main when they first login.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    1) Sometimes the Main server gets full and they lose access to their stuff.
    2) It will improve retention by improving their experience via not having that problem.
    Other information:
    Not much more to add other than it reducing builder stress and thus the stress of the server.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    None. Just change the spawning server to Main North.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree x 14
    • Like x 3
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Moderator ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +360
    I've agreed with this before. Main tends to be at capacity. If they happen to get in and establish it gets confusing. For long time players we know what is going on. No big. New players just see "all my shit is gone!"

+1

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • List
    #2 FuriuosGeorge, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  3. Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    +1
    I think MainNorth has a good balance of vanilla and the additions ECC brings to it. Its like a scaled down version of Main which takes off some pressure and feeling less overwhelmed with everything going on of Main, as well as pointed in the first by Revan, builders are more likely to just quit after a few days if they get all set up one day to then be denied access because the server gets full on main.

So i think its a good idea as builder retention is the key to the server survival.
    If they like it on MainNorth and buy into ECC, then they still might decide to go to Main after.

4. Landein207 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree too this sugestion because it happened to me when i started and i didn't understanded what was going on with the main because i was being kicked to me and mn so i think this sugestion is very good to new player that joined to the server and that will try get every thing on main and don't understand what happend when the main is full

+1

5. stevenjr05 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +41
    +1 always thought this was a good idea and allow them to go to main if they want and understand the risks. Also no confused builders spamming chat.

6. Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,197
    +1 I agree, this would be very helpful! When there's a cap on Main, there ends up being a lot of Builders who've started on there because they spawned there, just to later get upset when they can't get back. If they spawned on MainNorth, they wouldn't have to worry about this issue.

7. welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
    +1 Please!!!!

8. GeorgiePOORgie Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +137
    +1 I'd be frustrated and confused if I were new

9. HelixInsight Surgeon
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,280
    I agree with this suggestion. It's mutually beneficial for new players who want to retain their stuff and for the conglomerates who have established themselves on Main North, waiting for their investment to finally pay off.

+1

10. creepcreepcreep President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +24
    +1 I've seen too many new players asking why they can't get into main or wondering where all their stuff went. Start them out in Main North to get established and learn the server.

11. Halosoda Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +17
    +1 and Id go one further to spawn builders on the server with the least traffic (ME) to increase interactivity within those servers and encourage others to create more builds and shops because of that traffic of new players being there. I get sick of high prices and lack of choice/things for sale in Main East or even Main North to a degree. I think switching spawnpoints based on which server has the least interactivity will help fix that problem and can make the market more vast with lower prices in the process.

12. SpartanAmaroq President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐

Ratings:
    +19
    +1 what the others have stated makes sense to me.

13. ZuluZu EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +49
    +1 This is a great idea.

14. ImpulseIV Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +38
    +1 I hate seeing builders log in and not be able to get to their house and stuff. It is very discouraging to play when this happens. I would like to see builders experience this as little as possible. If a builder still wants to join a town on Main they still have that option. It id easier to explain to them when joining main that it could be full, than to explain to something that they can't get to their stuff. Also there are very few builders that spend money on the shop the first day joining to get on main. I feel new players will be more inclined to spend money because they enjoy the server. So I think it is also better for getting new players to stick around.

Edit: Main East is so dead that there are so few towns looking for builders. Meaning every builder would be in the staff run plot town. So I don't think they should go to Main East

#14 ImpulseIV, Jul 3, 2020
  15. TankNoodle Former Soviet GameAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +318
    +1 but I would maybe make it main east because there is even less players there which means less chances of it filling up.

16. Fisher879 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 I agree with the general idea but think it should be divided between main east, as it need people, and mn

#16 Fisher879, Jul 3, 2020
  17. zwunder Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +181
    +1 they often get annoyed and confused once main is full and they cant get back to their stuff.

18. Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    +1 makes it far less confusing for these users if they ever cannot log in on main and “lose” their stuff.

i personally see main as a nice vacation trip but wouldn’t live there, builders can do the same :p

19. FinalxHour Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    -1, Yes, initially this will be good. However, in the long term:
    1) This will eventually lead to MN getting full just like main right now.
    2) Any towns that offer plots/new player services on main will be a lot less useful because there will be much fewer builders.

It's not like many builders will switch over to main, they will probably just stick to the server they started on.
    This suggestion favors MN players who have established towns/money IMO.

In the short term, this would work great. However, in the long term this will end up with Main North being the new Main - players on MN will eventually have more power than those on main, and it wouldn't really accomplish anything besides switching the dominant server.

It's not a bad IDEA, thought.
    I think there should be some sort of bridge between the servers other than a mandatory Travelbag feature. IDK what that would be, but it could reduce the issue of one server being way more powerful than another.

#19 FinalxHour, Jul 3, 2020
  20. Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    From personal experience there are not very many player run plot towns on main, I’d say 75% of the active plot towns are on MN, this makes it easier than explaining to a brand new player that they will lose all of their belongings the moment they type /mn. sure MN will fill up one day, however even when we hit our last peak numbers between 250-300 I believe 90% of new spawns occured on MN and majority of people didn’t have problems not being able to rejoin.
    Also most people who run plot towns and that would be affected by this already run free plots, a lot of those won’t even take the profits from the lwc but instead hold on to it for new users or if that user returns (at least in my experience)

(I apologize I am typing this out on my phone while on vacation so some things may not make 100% sense)

#20 Pab_Jr, Jul 3, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.