Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Boosted Tools

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheSavageBull, Oct 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSavageBull

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +38
    In Game Name:
    TheSavageBull
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Boosted Tools
    What are you suggesting:
    I thought of this while working on my boosted pickaxe suggestion. This would be a more sweeping change that effects more tools.

The concept is simple - we give each (non-blacklisted) boosted magic tool a chance to obtain lored items. The idea here is adjacent to my pickaxe idea, but instead of altering an existing market (the emerald trade), we create a new lored item market for each tool.

I have a few ideas on implementation and I will probably need to clean this up but for now, I will spit out all my ideas.

1) The lored items can be seasonal, yearly, etc. They do not need to remain stagnant.
    2) The lored items will not be sellable to the server. This is an important and obvious piece, as the goal of my concept is to provide more items for users to sink their ECD into.
    3) The lored items may act as specialized drops. For example, instead of the boosted pickaxe dropping 4 guaranteed diamonds, the number of guaranteed normal diamonds is reduced and a low chance of getting a 'Perfect Diamond' is added.
    4) I do not know whether these items would be considered lored items or just renamed items. I will propose that a generic naming convention could be 'Adjective ItemName', like the Perfect Diamond I previously mentioned.

Tools that this idea may apply to:
    Magic pickaxe, magic axe, magic pvp sword, magic melon sword, magic shears, star shovel.

Some potential drop ideas (this is just for reference):
    Perfect Diamond, Forged Iron, Pyrite (a.k.a Fool's gold), Crystalline Quartz, Sacred Oak, Gold Wool, etc.

This is not my most elegant post, so please feel free to ask questions or add ideas so that I can adjust the post accordingly.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I believe that having these types of boosted tool goals will take more money out of the economy. Players will spend millions to obtain these boosted tools, which will have a lower /sell hand to the server, but a higher value to the user base. In order to give these lored items even more value, new prestige(s) can be added to also take the items back out of the economy.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:
    Again, not sure on the plugins. Would effect both boost and probably require custom loot tables of some sort.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 TheSavageBull, Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,098
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.