[All Main Servers Suggestion] Boosted Magic Pick

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,319
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Boosted Magic Pick
    What are you suggesting:
    Three boosted levels of a magic pick

Boost I - Insta-mine all ores & stone items that you find naturally in the world (stone, andesite, granite, diorite, terracotta, calcite, netherrack, basalt, blackstone, tuff [deepslate already instamines]).

Boost II - Fortune V & 15% chance of double drops

Boost III - an additional 1.5x the amount on ores affected by the magic pick (27 raw iron, gold, copper; 9 emeralds; and 6 diamonds per ore)

Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    A boosted pick would be cool and will have people use their boosts more often. For the specific boosts, here's why I think they are good additions:

Boost I:
    Ores do not instamine with a magic pick, even when standing on the ground. I have to activate Super Breaker to breeze through them. A boost to have this all the time is reasonable.
    I added all natural stone too since it's annoying to break while flying. Deepslate already allows instabreaking while flying, so adding the rest of the stone variants makes sense

Boost II:
    To keep to the theme of the Magic Pick, another level of fortune and a little more chance of double drops seems like the right step. However, extra Fortune isn't groundbreaking since it only will effect coal, redstone, quartz, and lapis drops. The additional 5% chance for double drops might be nearing an economy shift, but you need two boosts and a feature to even get here, so you need to invest a lot.
    [This was originally Boost III, but was switched due to it being weaker on paper compared to than the other]

Boost III:
    If you are wasting three boosts & the expensive features, some more drops seems reasonable. Iron, Gold, and Copper are already relatively cheap, so more of that won't be groundbreaking. Diamond is just two extra diamonds per ore, which again, doesn't seem too unreasonable given you need three boosts and an expensive rank to get. Emerald just changes it so you essentially get one emerald block per ore. This one might be the most controversial of the ores, but again, you need three boosts and the already expensive booster+ feature to even get to this level.
    [This was originally Boost II, but was switched due to it being stronger on paper compared to than the other]

Other information:
    This is just a rough thought. I am not against shifting the Boost levels around a bit or increasing/decreasing the power of each level
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 Jdawger, Jun 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
  2. eduardo1998

eduardo1998 EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +42
    +1 thought I would exchange boost II and boost III. i feel like the 1.5x should be the final form, since it can make you get a lot more money if you combine it with boosted ores

3. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,319
    I switched them. I agree that it seemed stronger

4. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,077
    personally i agree with the insta breaking boost, but I'm strongly against anything that boosts emeralds anymore as that effects the treasure medal/requirements a bit if emeralds become easier to get. I also don't think we really need to boost drops even more on the pick. so giving this a +0.5

#4 strongpelt, Jun 20, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2024
  5. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,319
    I hear you, but keep in mind in order to even get to that stage, you need three boosts and at least Booster+ ($800 for the features)

Not to mention, collector's prestige is already one of the most expensive prestiges (valued a lot higher than mythic). I'm not saying make it easier since prestiges are meant to be expensive and/or challenging, but giving a little more emeralds per ore (which is already a rare ore) isn't going to make the emerald collector extremely easier; it'll still have the challenge.

6. eduardo1998

eduardo1998 EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +42
    I still believe this would be the best choice if we get a boosted pickaxe :)