Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] ban/mute notifications

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by yandyyyy, Oct 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +212
    In Game Name:
    Skaisimmer
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    ban/mute notifications
    What are you suggesting:
    im suggesting that regular players get to see ban/mute notifs in chat whenever it happens
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    it will save staff from having to tell us all its handled and to move on every time a builder joins and spams stuff, as well as other scenarios where players keep asking staff to do something when its already been handled
    Other information:
    its been handled, move on
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    eh its fine as is with staff saying "its been handled". I think this could cause more hassle than its worth since many bans/mutes are behind the scenes and are intended to be that way. Users should understand that if a spamming builder stops spamming, they got banned, muted, or stopped spamming, no need to have a special chat message for it. Also more drama could arise from messages of people getting perma'd.

3. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    Everyone knows that when a builder spams chat they are muted or banned, adding a notification from ECC-Bans won't do anything.

For other situations, people getting banned or muted has always been publicly announced at staff discretion, and adding an ability for staff to opt out of an expanded notification system seems so contrived that I have to -1.

4. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    We used to have ban messages public like you are suggesting a few years ago, I don't remember the exact reasoning for it being made private but my guess is that it had something to do with causing drama. One thing to consider, as ox mentioned, bans/mutes/etc that would otherwise remain "behind the scenes" from events that don't happen in global chat would suddenly be brought to attention, and that isn't always a good thing. Imagine seeing a ban/mute message come up in chat when nothing is going on in global, everyone would probably think "oh my what did that person do???" and send chat down a rabbit hole of trying to figure out what happened when quite frankly it isn't any of their business.

Plus, I would think a little bit of common sense can be used to figure out what happened if someone who was previously behaving quite poorly suddenly stops or goes offline. And have some faith in the staff team too! :p While we appreciate being directed towards issues that need to be corrected, when people say in chat "mods! ban him" when someone is on spamming the n-word or something similar it really doesn't help very much. I think in the situation where you say this suggestion would be most useful, the person suddenly stopping their behavior would tell everyone the same thing that a ban/mute message would.

5. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    This won't happen for several reasons.

Least of all, players don't need big ban, mute, warn, etc. messages filling up their chat. That'd get annoying real fast.

If you're unsure whether something has been handled, just ask staff.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This is basically asking for drama notifications, why in God's name would we want that in public?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.