Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,198
    In Game Name:
    Videowiz92
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Alternative to Magic Hoe nerf
    What are you suggesting:
    To create a unique crop separately for Magic Hoe. Due to Mojang's lack of giving us a unique block for the leaves of crimson trees in the nether, the nerf for Magic Hoes was inevitable once 1.16 came out. McMMO updated tree feller as well as leaf blower and farming nether wart blocks doesn't even require an enchanted axe, rather a high enough Woodcutting level.

My idea is to give Magic Hoes a unique crop similar to how warts farms are setup (for those that have the farms made already) and create a custom condense config that utilizes an unused block that mimics how warts and wart blocks are used currently with the Magic Hoe. This would be similar to how ECC already utilizes the Melon Sword for melons and the Nether Stars for Jigsaws.

An example of the custom condense would be to use carrots and code the condense to change 9 carrots in an unused block (let's say a structure block***) and make that the primary crop for Magic Hoes. Warts could still be farmed for non-magic users and the Magic Axe could still get wart blocks from the crimson trees and those markets can be controlled independently.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    ***this is mostly where the community comes in to decide what makes most sense for the condensed crop

Obviously a change to the crop would require current farms to be replanted, but I figure carrots work most identically to warts and the farm setups would remain the same.
    Other information:
    List of unused blocks:
    barrier
    bedrock
    chain command block
    command block
    end portal frame
    farmland
    grass path
    repeating command block
    structure block
    structure void

Possible options:
    enchanted golden apple
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Condense plugin
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 Videowiz92, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  2. OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +626
    I was under the impression that nether wart prices remained static?

3. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,198
    Nether Wart Block prices took a MASSIVE hit today due to my suggestion of including nether trees with the magic axe effect. The magic axe made millions and wart blocks were drastically reduced in return.

I want to retain functionality and purpose of the magic axe and this nerf of wart blocks was expected regardless with the release of the new nether and how Mojang decided to use wart blocks for the crimson tree "leaves."

#3 Videowiz92, Nov 3, 2020
  4. FirstNolan Former GameAdmin
    ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +285
    +1
    I like this and Strong’s suggestion a lot. I think this offers a really unique and cool way to restore the hoe’s value. Instead of using an unobtainable block, maybe every 9 potatoes (or carrots) could be condensed into a lored potato that has the same value as 9 potatoes (basically using the lored potato as the block).

#4 FirstNolan, Nov 3, 2020
  5. SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    +1

This is a fantastic idea; I got myself into alot of debt buying a magic hoe since they made good steady money. now i have $50 million worth of debt and an almost worthless tool.

6. 0TheRedHerring0 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

EcoDollars:
    $175,286
    Ratings:
    +360
    +1 I have a god hoe I would like to not be rendered worthless

#6 0TheRedHerring0, Nov 3, 2020
  7. Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    Andrew isn't gonna want to maintain a custom version of condense just for this.

If a change is being made, the "magic" axe shouldn't affect these blocks in the first place.

8. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,198
    It’s not just the magic axe that’s affecting the wart block prices - blame Mojang for not giving us a unique leaf block on the crimson trees. McMMO updated tree feller and leaf blower abilities and with the correct farm, someone could essentially make the same profit as a magic hoe with an unenchanted axe as long as they have a high enough Woodcutting level.

9. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,198
    Can't really use lored items as a different item as /sell won't differentiate the value.

An idea for the custom condensed item could be 9 carrots condensed into an enchanted golden apple. Those currently aren't sellable to the server but also are limited in supply. I'll add any other ideas others or myself may come up with for a condensed item that could work to the original post.

#9 Videowiz92, Nov 3, 2020
  10. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    @UnitedStates2 will post the change we will be making here soon.
    PS: This suggestion however is simply not something I'm willing to do. Taking up a Minecraft block for condense purposes just because of one farming nerf is just not the way to go.

#10 andrewkm, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  11. UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    We'll be boosting the price of netherwart to compensate for this so crop farmers aren't hurt. It will go live soon

12. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    United's price boost should now be live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.