Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Allow users to make mining regions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HighLuna, Mar 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NessXXIII

NessXXIII Pushing the Envelope
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    Ask commander

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  2. NessXXIII

Ratings:
    +568
    Jkjk but you literally hold the w key and mouse and then pt an item to sell nwart

3. Ishanv

Ishanv King of Trivia
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +176
    and he was banned :/ so is your solution to just use a macro?

4. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    I wasn’t aware that receiving 600 spawners a month was such a huge burden. I’ll file a suggestion to remove that feature straight away.

5. Ishanv

Ishanv King of Trivia
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +176
    still requires more work than just sitting there clicking :/

6. NessXXIII

Ratings:
    +568
    lol fucking chill with the potatos, macros are legal, afking is not

7. NessXXIII

Ratings:
    +568
    lmfao okay those 600 spawners just MAGICALLY appeared on my account, no work was done, no one payed usd anywhere

8. NessXXIII

Ratings:
    +568
    bro your measure of work is holding a w key and a mouse? LMFAO im done here

9. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    The point isn’t that the keys are free, the point is that spawner setups are most certainly not a “continuing investment”. They are a single investment for when you fork over whatever absurd amount of USD the spawner key feats are worth. Making a suggestion to remove the only element of risk from what’s already the best way to make money with minimal effort is absurd.

Also why tf are we having live discussion via forum posts get on discord of shoutbox lol

#29 OConner1279, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  10. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I just want to point out this isn't true: we would need code to clean out the regions at the end of each month, as well as code to proxy the region creation to enforce a size restriction and a creation limit.

This would be a much more development intensive task than say, hiding coordinates from toolhunter as I suggested in another thread, or the various suggestions restricting toolhunter.

11. NessXXIII

Ratings:
    +568
    Nah

Just do it with the application process. No need to code anything, have GA create the new region and upon reset, delete the regions that exist in mining. Also no need to code rg limitations, just have the ga create the cuboid within the accepted parameters.

There are maybe 10 people on ecc grinding mobs at a time. Limit applications to 1 server per month per user, and make it a towncontrol+++ feature and we are looking at maybe 10 apps done a month. Doesn't seem unreasonable and no need to get all fancy with custom code.

#31 NessXXIII, Mar 13, 2021
  12. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    GameAdmins don't have access to generic worldguard region creation. They have custom commands that add the region, limit the size, and perform other checks relevant to the specific application (town app, pvp, etc).

So even if players don't have access to that, the functionality would need to be created for GAs to process applications.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. icbomber38

icbomber38 I can't complain but sometimes I still do
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    make mining great again!

I'm a weak -1 on this...i've spent thousands on the server too...I get it, but there has to be something risky. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of vigilante justice on people who just destroy setups for the heck of it...there's nothing to gain in doing so...it's got to be a character flaw of some kind. I just don't get it. :)

while we're at it, please make auto clicking and all this other bullshit (automation) illegal.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. NessXXIII

Ratings:
    +568
    Hmm, that’s fair enough and honestly something I had no idea about.

It does change the amount of potential work then.

15. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    It's beyond easy to do actually. I have one that I personally made which requires 0 input from me to do a full layer of nwart on a farm.

As for the suggestion, giant -1.

#35 FwgKing, Mar 13, 2021
  16. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Ngl, I don't normally agree with @Nicit6 and tbh I haven't felt compelled to write on a suggestion in a while... but this... this is ridiculous.

1: When you delete the world, the world guard regions remain and its insane suggesting a bunch of people be able to make a bunch of regions that need then be removed every month.

2: Do you think MORE inflation is a good thing? You can sit here and say 'it stops annoyances not money making' but thats not true. If a non-magic tool user finds your spawners you are legally required to not interfere in them using it if they are using it when you aren't, which lowers inflation.

3: Can we please stop for like 5 seconds making ways for the rich and clearly advantaged players to be richer and more advantaged? Stop looking for your own benefits and start looking for how to help new players.

End Rant.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Ya know, when a grinder is griefed it can ofcourse be rebuilt but while its destroyed its not producing ecd. I would also like to say that if I for example I decided to place my spawners around your spawners that would totally ruin your grinder would it not?

Also spawner keys came out with the fact that it is a risk. If you or anyone else decided to still buy them knowing the risks then how are you going to complain if your grinder is found and messed with? It is the risk you decided to make in order to produce an ecd income far greater than anything else.

Dont want the risks? Try other ways of making money. Spend hours building a farm so you can use that with 0 risk. Farms are in your town region. Completely protected. Safe.

Overall -1 to this suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #37 BobbyBlack, Mar 13, 2021
  18. NessXXIII

Ratings:
    +568
    Honestly half the -1s here are from inactive players and people who literally don’t grind.. EVER.
    So as far as ridiculous goes. There’s that.

So I guess it’s just fuck mob grinders and the idea for them to be allowed to farm in peace. I donate my spawners to the entire server to alleviate the need for the less fortunate or disadvantaged players to feel they need to interfere with other peoples income (finding and destroying personal set ups)

It wouldn’t be ridiculous to have 10 apps a month and 10 regions deleted. Literally nearly no work in the span of a month.

but obviously people who don’t play or don’t grind have more to say than people who actually do both of those things.

If you grind mobs you need to speak up, cuz for some reason people who this affects in NO WAY WHATSOEVER. Are speaking up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #38 NessXXIII, Mar 13, 2021
  19. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Bro let me tell you about a past way of grinding. Its called End farming. End farming was in the end which is a PVP world. You farm chorus with the RISK of being killed or your farm DESTROYED. You go into the end knowing the RISKS of being killed or griefed. You made tons of money from doing it due to the RISKS. You would spend hours making your end farm and it could be destroyed within 10 minutes by some other player. Just like you go into the end knowing its a risk, you make a mob grinder knowing its a risk.

Id see if spawner keys came out with no risk, but they have always had the risk of being tampered with. I dont get why you guys want to be babied so much. If you dont like the risk why not just do another form of grinding? there are plenty of ways to make ecd without risk.

Added Bonus: You dont know the pain of end farming. Having Xboy/Wolfspy going to your farm over and over again. You fighting them off and them /spawning to just fly back with their elytras right away. Unlike end farming, you dont have to deal with constant annoyance at your grinder. Someone cant just keep messing with you once they find your grinder. Also a plus, you dont have to deal with pvp and the possibility of losing whatever is in your inventory. Tombstone++ didnt exist back in the days of end farming.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #39 BobbyBlack, Mar 13, 2021
  20. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    ridiculous is the 1% of the 1% complaining that their top-tier earning method has a slight inconvenience and then throwing a fit when everyone else calls you out on your bullshit, but that's my take

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.