Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Ads channel

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Johndomx, Feb 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +60
    Everyone has different timezones so its possible you can be active while others who macro are not. I've been on for long enough recently and daily to notice more macro ads than anything. Its killing the vibe and it would be nice to not have to do this or leaving the trade chat/ ignoring players. Not everyone knows how to access into the .log file and id find that more of an inconvenience rather than it would be much easier to implement a different chat box preventing you minimising/ going out of mc to check the .log file to something that can easily be prevented for not so tech savvy players.

#21 Johndomx, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  2. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor

Ratings:
    +60

Read what I said, it wouldnt kill advertising. It would literally put repeating macro ads on a different chat channel saw by everyone like [tr] that is globally seen by default. Player's have the ability to join/ leave. Which allows ads to continue,(example, someone needing assistance or selling a feature) allowing staff to police (which spam can be easily reported anyways) and also stop players from ignoring the trade channel that includes things that arent related to the same macro ads spamming every 5 minutes..

#22 Johndomx, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  3. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    You do realize that everyone would leave that channel, thus killing advertisements?

What do you define as a spammy macro?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor

Ratings:
    +60
    People are already ignoring and leaving trade channel from what I gather but it appears advertising macros are still doing fine. So you would rather force this upon players than give them the decisive action to not see macro spam ?

Do i really need to explain what a "spammy macro" is to you ?

players repeating the same thing, instantly clogging up the chat box at the same time every time they are active/ afk.

But what I gather its not an issue to you because you would rather people have no easier option of filtering what is being said. Since advertising the same message is more important.

Cool.

5. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    No you're proposing what is in effect a soft ban on using macros in trade chat, you really should be upfront with your intentions when making a suggestion. Why not suggest an actual upfront solution to the supposed problem, a hard ban on trade macros, increasing trade ad time to 10 min, or decreasing character limit in trade chat.

People stay in trade because they have a chance to see what they're looking for, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. If you are having such an issue with "spammy macros" why don't you just leave trade?

As for defining what a "spammy macro" is, you are suggesting a rule change, you need to be crystal clear on what the rule is, or you are going to have people try to skate by the rules.

6. KaylaBearBear

KaylaBearBear Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +134
    I'm always on during off peak and I always get to see the macro ads.

Sometimes I'm not in the mood, or I'm busy so yes I will leave trade or /ignore.. The plus to both of those options is that you can later join trade again and unignore people.

I suggest you just do the same.

7. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor

Ratings:
    +60
    All i asked for was for ads to be in an ads chat. If i left the trade chat i cant see anything else anymore. No one asking for help, ereps, questions, buying/ selling.

People would still have a chance to see what they are looking for if the macro spam was seperate since trade chat is used for other things, not just the same macro.

Not necessarily a rule change, just a different chat channel that could be seen by everyone but easily able to leave while still seeing other ads apart from macros.

Nevermind.

Feels like im going round in circles now. Forget it.

8. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,518
    But wouldnt people asking for help, ereps, and buying/selling be ads?

9. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    I agree with this assessment. There are better options to fix this problem, if it is an actual problem (because like I said, I see no real issue). I am fully on board for banning macros for trade ads.

I feel with this suggestion, it will shift the "problem" on a different channel, and we would be back here again.

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    We won't be adding /ch ads, but I'm going to implement something else to reduce the spam.
    Will it piss off advertisers? Sure. But I agree with those saying the ads are getting absolutely annoying. I got an idea. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Happy Happy x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.