Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Add Nether to Rising World

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LimeLush, Jul 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LimeLush

LimeLush How is he still staff?
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +446
    In Game Name:
    LimeLush
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Add Nether to Rising World
    What are you suggesting:
    Adding the nether to the rising world, so players can create towns in it.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This would give players a new environment to build and place regions in. Would allow for more variety of builds on the server and encourage players to strive to gain access to the nether.
    Other information:
    This could be a hassle to do given the server setup and it could take time.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Unsure... world guard possibly?
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Nicklepot18

Nicklepot18 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +41
    +1 It's a great idea. I do not know how feasible it is but could be really fun and a great addition to ECC

3. LimeLush

LimeLush How is he still staff?
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +446
    I agree^ it may not be possible, but I wanted to at least get the suggestion out there.

4. Videowiz92

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,183
    The only issue I can see from this is placing a nether portal in the nether and having the game create a new portal in the rising world might cause grief in a protected region. Otherwise if it's possible, I'm all for linking the rising overworld with a nether.

5. Enegek

Enegek tbone199205 in the house
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +345
    I don't think we need to change how the nether portals currently work for this idea to function. We could still only have the one nether portal that leads to this version of the nether, and then we just utilize warp applications like we have been.

6. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    +1 I could get so much fucking quartz this way :D

7. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    What if we have two nether worlds, one that never resets (and has the same feature usage as rising) and one that resets monthly (like we currently have). We had a legacy and rising world in the past on one server, so it is possible.

+1 I like the idea, although I don't think many people would actually create towns here if I'm being honest

8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Seems like it would be cool, provided that there aren't resource drops in the wild regions of the world.

9. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    That’s a good point. Maybe if we do make a second world for towns within a server, you would still need the survivor rank to enter the towns, or maybe code it that people without the survivor rank cannot even enter the wild regions (although that might be tough to code)

10. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    Maybe I'm missing something, but couldn't you add a -g nonmembers entry DENY flag to __global__ (or another effectively global region) and add everyone with the survivor rank as a member using g:survivor?

11. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    This seems a little overkill honestly, I don't see a reason for it. I mean, yeah, people could "bypass" survivor with towns, but 85k+ towns vs 20k survivor doesn't seem like a big deal

#11 Nicit6, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  12. TJanicki

TJanicki /warp monaco
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +162
    Here is a good discussion on this topic: https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/2-0-would-you-like-a-non-reseting-nether.210812/

My response in that thread was this:
    This idea is similar to the old 'aether' / 'sky islands' world we used to have. While the reformed Nether may attract attention in the beginning, I suspect many players will quickly lose motivation for their build projects and the world will just sit rather empty and abandoned much like the aether of old. I could see a small number of users working on projects in the nether but to me that does not justify a new world, especially when considering the confusion for new players surrounding our current worlds and their resets as they currently are.

In short - we have had a unique world similar to this in the past and it failed, history doesn't need to repeat itself. -1

#12 TJanicki, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,064
    There is really no need to make such a major change that would quite frankly require rewriting a million things we have set in place throughout our near 11 years of running on the system we have. Not even going to think it through in the slightest, as the first 30 seconds have already given me a headache.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.