2.0 Would you like a non-reseting Nether?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrDavinF, Apr 5, 2021.

?

Would you like to see a form of a permanent Nether world?

Poll closed Apr 19, 2021.
  1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

75.0%
  1. MrDavinF

MrDavinF Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +32
    I raised this question in a recent discussion with Andrew and he thought it sounded silly, but I noticed some members replied they would enjoy it. He suggested a poll so here it is. If you have other feedback please reply.

Why you ask?
    I enjoy the nether and find it the "wild west" of MC. I enjoy trying to "tame" it and build, but don't bother here as it resets monthly. Anywhere else I played had a nether that didn't reset and there was a lot of things to enjoy.

Also, now with the huge nether update there are a lot more possibilities.

I purpose a nether that is like rising and another that is like mining that resets.

2. Caliki123

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐

Ratings:
    +123
    i dont really have a + or a - to this tbh, to a degree i agree with you with the new updates coming out it would be cool too see a permanent nether, but at the same time, resetting the nether is good for the economy as it helps with item gains, and makes sure u never run out of resources.

i also like the idea of 2 nethers to make it simpler, although it would confuse some new players i believe, that we have 2 nethers, 1 that resets and one that does not, and i dont believe the devs would have time for this with the whole ecc 2.0 coming out.

3. MrDavinF

MrDavinF Resident

Ratings:
    +32
    Thanks for the reply !
    I think that's the same as rising/mining - I was confused about this when starting and continued to see many new players mine in rising and ask they they weren't getting XP.

4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    So I’m going to answer this as a pure builder of builds: I heavily disagree with this. A lot of resources come from the nether, and eventually, it would become barren

5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I voted before fully understanding this but basically it sounds like you want a nether town world in addition to a nether resource world?

It's a neat idea. I'm sure there are people who could do cool stuff with it. I'm not one, though.

6. icbomber38

icbomber38 I can't complain but sometimes I still do
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    I'm a YES as long as there's still a mining version. I would like to put my town in the nether - as long as anyone can get to it to buy my stuff.

as I'm tying that, I got the feeling that's more complicated than it needs to be...maybe I will just convert my new town in rising to a nether 200x200?

#6 icbomber38, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  7. killrdarknes

killrdarknes SMOKIN DONG
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,163
    I think this is cool, but with town flags/creative building you can sorta simulate such a place in Rising, no? This would also be, I’d imagine, strain on our servers for very few taking advantage of it.

8. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Nether build world could be much smaller, since 8 blocks ow = 1 block nether. Though this limits the area, it would take up less resources than a 30k by 30k nether.

I support this in addition to a mining nether world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +146
    I think he was talking about having both a mining nether and a rising nether. This way, we will still have the nether for collecting ressources, and we have another one for builds.

Thanks a very good idea, I'll certainly +1 this if one make a suggestion, it offers interesting building opportunities

10. MrDavinF

MrDavinF Resident

Ratings:
    +32
    think Nether Rising, Nether Mining that's all. Same concept for the mining worlds

11. MrDavinF

MrDavinF Resident

Ratings:
    +32
    Good point! TY for nice idea

12. TJanicki

TJanicki /warp monaco
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +162
    If I am interpreting this idea right, this idea is similar to the old 'aether' / 'sky islands' world we used to have. While the reformed Nether may attract attention in the beginning, I suspect many players will quickly lose motivation for their build projects and the world will just sit rather empty and abandoned much like the aether of old. I could see a small number of users working on projects in the nether but to me that does not justify a new world, especially when considering the confusion for new players surrounding our current worlds and their resets as they currently are.

In short - we have had a unique world similar to this in the past and it failed, history doesn't need to repeat itself. -1

13. icbomber38

icbomber38 I can't complain but sometimes I still do
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    true but yet, here we are any way!