Denied Advertise forums better

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 6_28, Sep 22, 2016.

?

Want to help out the builders?

1. Of course new players are the best

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Nope I don't like new players

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    The point is that it isn't necessary. It's not improving anything. Sure, it can easily be done; but there's no improvement. The site is in the name. And it's thrown at you when you log in. It's even in the tutorial. What more could you want?

PS: Veiled insults aren't arguments.

#21 kukelekuuk, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    Dafuq? Where precisely did I insult, veiled or not? Quite absurd such an accusation coming from someone who just wrote:
    Let's stay on topic and not make ridiculous accusations, please.
    Let's assume that what you said about this suggestion not improving anything is true (which I might find a legit stance, given the points Nicit expressed); do you at least acknowledge that there is a problem, yes or no? If no, how so? If yes: how would you rather solve it? Contempt on people being "stupid" is useless, on top of being wrong, so please refrain from doing that again and be constructive.
    Thank you.

3. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only

Ratings:
    +1,576
    Under most circumstances this would be considered an insult. At least, I'd think so...

@kukelekuuk00 does have a point. The website is plastered everywhere, from bold text on holograms to regular links on signs throughout the tutorial. There's a lot of information ingame that refers to the wiki or "apply on the website". Any more links would quite frankly would just be overkill, and if people really don't know about it, I'm 100% sure the staff would be more than happy to show them [the user] how to navigate it.

#23 goblizz, Oct 19, 2016
  4. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    So: he says "Anyone who can't figure out we have a website based on this is, without a doubt, the stupidest person on earth.", I say that he lessens people saying they're "stupid" a bit too often (which is factually true, search the forum), and I'm offending him? o_O
    Let's stay on topic: if you think that everybody joining the server knows about the forum within minutes from joining, then I can understand you see no problem.
    However my impression is that this might not be the case, at least not for every single person. Honestly I can't recall how long it took to me to visit the forum upon joining, probably a few minutes; however I'm a 30yo nerd and maybe a 10yo kid who just got allowed to use the family computer for the first time in his life might not be as used to games and online communities as I am. Probably one more link wouldn't change much in this case, I can agree with you on this; however the problem is still there and I think a better approach would be to figure out something instead of just labeling the kid as "stupid".

5. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    oh yeah, look through my ten thousand posts and I'm sure you'll find plenty of that. It's not like repetition happens when you post in such quantities. Though I have been repeating that more often lately. (I wonder why.)

But to clarify my point. If someone can't even figure out how to find the website, how do you expect them to navigate it? That's what I meant with that. If you're that "stupid", you'll end up having to ask for help for the steps after you find the forum anyway. You're not helping anyone by adding even more links to the website. (of which many already exist to begin with)

#25 kukelekuuk, Oct 19, 2016
  6. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    Could we please stay on topic and refrain from offending others with no good reason and make pointless accusations? This has gone way too far.

The suggestion aims to improve attendance to and awareness of the forum among new players: can we talk about that?

7. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    Now this is a goddamn good point

#27 Expipiplusone, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  8. 6_28

6_28
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,658
    Think about it,
    I've never seen a server without the forum page displayed every like 10 mins. And this doesn't mean that the builders are "stupid" is just saying that they will be able to find the forums faster

9. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    We did have a link to the forums/wiki in the MOTD for ages. Then it got moved to the hologram at spawn.

Players don't generally use forums unless they have to, and we put an incredibly heavy emphasis on the forums. Arguably, we have an incredibly active forum compared to a lot of far bigger servers, too. Major networks that have hundreds of times the players on at any given time have only single digit multipliers on our thread and post counts.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.