Denied A new Chat Channel, /ch 18

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Black_Cod35, Jun 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_Cod35

Black_Cod35 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +210
    Have You been warned, kicked, or even banned for discussing 'inappropriate topics?'
    Then This suggestion will apply to you!

My suggestion is to add a new Chat, /ch 18 (or any other command related) for an Eighteen+ chat. This chat can be modified to Andrew's likings, but it should have restrictions against innapropriate vids, talking to each other sexually, etc, but less restrictive than public chats. Although VIP chat allows political talk, these discussions (even if they are civil) often lead to off topic/related topic(s) that is/are restricted. Plus, if it were me, I would not want my younger sibling to be reading these things off VIP chat.

But why are you recommending this useless garbage, you aren't even 18+ yourself!

You are absolutely correct, I am not 18+, but the reason why I believe in this new chat is because there are people constantly getting banned/warned/kicked for just wanting to be a little immature or just have fun with their friends!

How could this benefit ECC in any way?
    Well, if there is a chat where people can specifically talk about whatever they want (that is otherwise illegal in normal chat), there will be less people talking about 'touchy subjects' in a public chat, where all ages co-exist.
    This will also reduce the amount of /warns given to an individual.
    Will this stop all nonsense in global or other chat? Not a chance. Will it reduce? Absolutely.

Black_Cod35, you are so stupid! How would we know if the person if 18+ to allow them access in this chat?
    Honestly, this is the hard part. No matter what (as facebook's 13+ rule clearly shows) there will always be people who will lie about their age. I thought about this for a while, and I think using the age on forum ptoseems like a good idea, or even applying on a special forum request to get access to this chat.

So there you go! This is my suggestion, adding a new chat (possibly /ch 18) specifically ENGINEERED for those who just want to be able to talk to fellow adults, and keep ECC public chats more Family Friendly! WIN WIN

#1 Black_Cod35, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    Honestly, many people who would want this are most likely below 18. There is no need to bother about age. Instead there needs to be a chat like [VIP] was for a short while. Basically people go there willingly, but those who don't want to see that just don't join.

3. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $18,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,860
    To add my 0.0179€ (or $0.02):

Based on my personal point of view regarding the previous VIP chat rules: Having a mostly unmoderated chat tends to negatively affect other chat channels. I'd need to spend a few weeks going through Pivillean's logs, but I'd say that general toxicity and rulebreaking in global chat have decreased since stricter VIP chat rules are being enforced.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    #3 314, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  4. GuppyDream

GuppyDream Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +387
    I agree your suggestion, but without the age part like @stoler202 said. It's pointless to spend the energy trying to make sure players forum ages are 18+ and then hoping their not lying on top of that. I don't really see a reason why someone who's 16 or 17 couldn't join if they wanted to.

5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Not happening, sorry.

Since enforcing stricter chat rules chat has been less toxic, so much so that the point can hardly be argued, even by the most liberal of trolls (cough @UnitedStates2 ).

Allowing it in one channel will simply cause it to spill over into other channels when people wc or "wc" or just ignore channel restrictions.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.