A New Addition to EcoCityCraft's Monetary System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JazzBeam, Nov 28, 2013.

?

Do you want this system added to our current money system in ECC?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. No, its not right

28 vote(s)
    77.8%
  3. I don't understand

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dork1877

dork1877 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,252
    Sigh
    Harry
    Where is your abandon thread gif?

2. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    I'm going to move this thread to suggestions... but not before I point out a few flaws...

First of all: The US Government does not spawn money. Banks do not spawn money. They take loans out from other areas where the money already exists. This is why the Government is in debt because we take loans from other economies. We are so far in debt to China and other foreign countries it is baffling. There is a reason for this. If the government spawned in money... Well dare I say we would end up like Germany did during their hyperinflation. What is hyperinflation? Well maybe a few pictures shall help:

[​IMG]

Or perhaps:

[​IMG]

Now, incase you don't know what those are pictures of. It is kids PLAYING with money. Bricks of money. The second one is someone sweeping up money. Tons of it. Why? Because it was worthless. Why was it worthless? Because thats what happens when you throw money you don't have into an economy. The money becomes worthless.

So, you want this to work like a loan system. Alright. So:

The amount loaned out cannot be unlimited. Lets just... start with a single point: What happens if player A, B, C, D, and, E all take out loans. They all take out, for simplicity sake, 50k loans. About 1/5 of them choose not to pay it off and just get banned. Now, lets consider the number of players we have per day. At least 200 log in every day. All of them take out these loans of at least 40k and again 1/5 are not payed off. They all spent the money of course. Now we have 40 people at least we did not pay off 40k loans. That is at least 1,600,000 million in the economy now that isn't suppose to be there. Just because they are banned doesn't mean that money is leaving the economy. It is now intermingling in the economy causing problems, causing inflation.

Every week something similar will happen. Every week more people will not pay it off. Every week the ECD will become more and more worthless. Why? Because there is money that shouldn't be there.

Credit card companies do not pull money out of thin air. They pay the item for you, you pay them back. Debit cards shouldn't even be brought up, that is literally your money in an account. All in all, this concept is ridiculous and is not rooted in ANY logic. Further, I can list the governments who have done this and the amount of pain it put their countries through.

Now without further ado, I am moving this thread to Suggestions

Revan

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Something to add, just an example of how bad this can go.
    Look at the US gov't, they declare 3-4 trillion in debt.
    In reality this is completely off, the actual debt its around 3-4 HUNDRED TRILLION, Why? because of unfunded liabilities. aka, welfare, child support, etc. This is because the government is handing out money and not asking for it back.
    Imagine what would happen if even a few million ECD were injected into the economy through loans. This could horribly cripple the entire player to player economy that andrew has spend over 2 years perfecting.
    As revan said, no.

4. KHobbits

KHobbits Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +237
    Since this topic is already too long, and full of idiotic suggestions, I'm betting that most people wont read this far. As a reward for reading so far, I'll spill a little secret or two.

Ecocitycraft already has a inflation problem, the 'ECC powers-that-be' are aware of this and consider it a constant battle.

The /sell command on ECC 'prints' money, that money doesn't come from a pre-made pot or from a bank, the money produced from /sell is simply spawned. The same is true from donation money.

To balance this income out, we need to despawn (delete) money. For this we have server applications such as the rank and town applications. This is an ongoing war. Whenever the total balance of the server (the money in all the players balances, signs and buildings) exceeds a certain amount, we need to rebalance the economy doing one of the following:
    - Lower the amount of spawned money from /sell (lower farming prices)
    - Increase app costs
    - Sell more market slots
    - Add a new type of app to drain money
    - Extract money from ECC using taxes

One final little secret, if it wasn't for players giving up ECC or getting banned, we would have already lost the inflation battle. At the moment, we stop counting money after a player is banned or leaves ECC for a certain time, because that money is no longer part of the active economy. There are millions of lost Ecodollars in peoples accounts who no longer play, or left stored in forgotten town chests.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #124 KHobbits, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  5. Aqqel

Aqqel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you ever tried to implement a trade tax? For example, whenever somebody gives somebody else money, they will receive 5% less than the person sent. This could help this inflation problem.

6. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306

I actually fear this would discourage player-player trading. Why sell to a player and get a 5% tax when you could sell to the server and spawn money?

#126 Revanrose6, Dec 1, 2013
  7. Aqqel

Aqqel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good point, but the mods could have some sort of meeting and discuss the prices of all objects. Then make sure that the server price buys them for 15-20% less than player-player. This way, people will really only "quick sell" $0.05 items.

8. KHobbits

KHobbits Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +237

The lottery tax works quite well.

The [buy] shops, are also a different sort of tax.

9. SnDxCH4RG3R

SnDxCH4RG3R |Technical Tycoon|

Ratings:
    +899
    I hate to be that guy, but I'm gonna say it.

Why is this discussion still going on? It has been proven that it won't work.

10. dork1877

dork1877 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,252
    shoulda locked it yo

11. dork1877

dork1877 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,252
    these arent secrets Khob...

I was hoping to hear about how you only eat fish on fridays or wear purple jeans EVERY day

*sigh*

/disappointed

but on a serious note, thanks for chiming in and i'm surprised you wasted your time reading this thread.

this thread gets my vote for the most time wasting, useless, waste of space on the internets of ECC in 2013.

12. dork1877

dork1877 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,252
    the price of shops needs to increase
    the amount generated/possibly generated need is way way out of whack.
    not to mention the top floor prime shops are the same price as underground dungeon shops....

that doesn't make any sense if you want to make a money sink for the people that are great participants in the inflation game.

Top floor shops should be 20-50k a week depending on size and location.

13. RealNick123

RealNick123 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +49
    I fully agree with revanrose6 and KHobbits besides the tiny part of revans statement "The US government does not spawn money". It does, the US federal government prints out money with no backing of worth besides its "trustworthiness". Since 1972, the US withdrew its backing of the dollar from gold onto nothing, making the possibility of inflation limitless until collapse. The banks simply have their own money that they loan, or sometimes get a loan from the US federal government. But just to point out also, we do get loaned a lot too, and I mean a lot. Oh and while were talking about this, the US federal government yearly interest to Foreign nations Debt is 340 Billion rounded (most of this goes to china)... Oh, and what JamieSinn said, the US is actually in 17 trillion dollars worth of debt. But again, jazz's idea... nu nu nu...

#133 RealNick123, Dec 1, 2013
  14. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    I think there initally was more to the post :rolleyes:

"Last edited by KHobbits,Today at 5:08 PM. Reason: Censoring details..."

15. RealNick123

RealNick123 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +49
  16. Aqqel

Aqqel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That rating you just have me.... It made us have the same about on ratings..... :D

17. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Billybue24 This is not a place to discuss political decisions. I have applied a forum warning and deleted the post.

18. georgegeorgechen

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +25
    you idea is bad. just simple as that. Now if agree with the others and this thread should just be locked as it is getting us nowhere.

19. JazzBeam

JazzBeam Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +151
    I think they should take away, 10% of the profit in a trade.

20. JazzBeam

JazzBeam Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +151
    Nick, before you said that the US government doesn't print money. And I disagreed.

meh, its okay, we all learn something in the end. :)

I understand why my idea is bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.