75k Weekly Giveaway #6

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Falconaire, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Hi ECC, I'd like to announce my sixth weekly giveaway contest here on the forums! How it works is each week I'll be holding a new giveaway with 3 winners. This week's prizes are now the following;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1st Place Winner: 40,000$ (Winner revanrose6)
    2nd Place Winner: 25,000$ (Winner 12345shane)
    3rd Place Winner: 10,000$ (Winner chargers2417)

Winners are selected and announced on Sunday, so make sure to have your applications in by then! If you want to be entered in the contest simply comment on this thread using the following format! You do NOT need to like this post to be entered. Keep in mind, winners are not chosen randomly, so take your time filling out your application.

IGN:
    Rank(s):
    Why do you think you should be chosen as a winner?:
    What do you plan on using the money/resources for?:
    Other:

Attention! Previous Winners are aloud to apply again, but are not able to win the same place prize they've won previously. For example, if you've already won 2nd Place, you are not able to win 2nd Place again, but could win 1st or 3rd. Our previous Winners are listed below. (Holy crud there's a lot of them xD)

Previous 1st Place Winners:
    oreo1227, avowin, cahlawat1, Xx5mike5xX, blowtube123
    Previous 2nd Place Winners:
    Mr_Doom_Bringer, sparkleypotato2, Quieted, Anvildash, scottmichaelj
    Previous 3rd Place Winners:
    scepter01, voiD_yO, maco20047, Vintage_Gamer, AlphaTimer

For those of you who would like to know how the selection works, let me explain to you! I'll be using a point system to "grade" each and every applicant. There's a maximum score of 30 Points. You'll be able to receive 15 Points for the "Why do you think you should be chosen as a winner?" question, 10 Points for the "What do you plan on using the money/resources for?" question, and 5 Points for the amount of effort put into the application (I generally want to avoid 2 word answers). Now most giveaways I have seen are usually won by staff members. I love the staff team here, and fully appreciate what they do for the server, but I don't want to always be giving prizes to staff, this giveaway is meant for the whole server. Therefore, I'll be giving staff members a bonus of 5 points. This way they receive credit for the contribution to the server without causing too much of an imbalance.

Feedback is greatly appreciated! Feel free to give it in the "Other" section of your application of a PM! (Extra Points Maybe?) *Bonus Points* Go check out my town thread here, comment what you think of it in the thread, and get some brownie points for taking the time out of your day!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #1 Falconaire, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  2. 7amoodw

7amoodw Electrical and Electronics Engineer
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,209
    IGN: 7amoodw
    Rank(s): [*Tycoon*][VIP] and [Pilot] and [survivor]
    Why do you think you should be chosen as a winner?: I have done alot to the communitty during my almost 2 years on Ecc [few days and it is 2 years :D].
    I have helped people rank up by offering help with the funds or the application itself-guiding them where to apply and how to apply etc.
    I have made so many friend on ecc and i am grateful for this thank you @BackToThePast , @xLegend_Killer , @officepwnz123 and @xOSneakyBaconOx for all the support <3.
    During my two years I didnt really win alot .-. and i dont have a problem with this but yet again i dont have a problem with that.
    It would be awesome to actually win something for once :) and really the amount of time I spent on Ecc is alot
    [10+ hours in the summer and 3+ in normal school days :eek:]
    I am trying to get Ecoleader at the moment [It is worth it by the way!] and would really love to win for that main reason.
    Thanks for doing these competitions that you hold, really genorous of you.
    Like i stated before i want to get ecoleader since that is my main goal on Ecc *you dont say :p* and im not getting this rank alone, i am getting it with my brother @shadowballxx1 so the money would really be helpful <3
    Other:
    Once again thank you for doing these competitions really helpful AND @officepwnz123 <3

3. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    IGN: Jason1964
    Rank(s): Only Mayor.
    Why do you think you should be chosen as a winner?: Besides the fact that I've never won before, sometimes I feel that I should get something in return for the work I've done on ECC making it a better place. I've never broken any rules, as to cause ECC to get any worse or become unfriendly. I've never even had a complaint filed against me.

I've always tried to be helpful and have in many cases helped builders or residents with financial problems or with questions about the server. I've given away plots for free before, or for low prices since sometimes builders or residents don't have the exact amount needed to purchase one.

I've run multiple companies for helping people get what they need, and have always charged my prices fairly. I've never cheated off of builders who don't know the market prices of things, even telling them to raise/lower their prices so they don't get taken advantage of.

I've spent countless hours on the suggestion forums continually helping people to improve, or build upon their suggestions. I've made dozens of suggestions for the server. I've even been responsible for one or two edits to the rules.

I've never charged people to be Co-mayor in my town, but I have freely given the position to people. Sometimes someone needs some more money, or needs a way to learn some valuable job experience, they have been allowed to do all of this in my town, as a Co-mayor, selling plots. Stickybomb, who was last I checked a resident can tell you this.

I don't play lottery, so you won't find me blowing your money away in there either.

I want to give a little credit where credit is due though. Without the huge amounts of help from my first mayor, kevindynamite, I wouldn't have gotten to where I am. I also want to thank the staff, all the staff, since all the way back to when I joined. Christmas is coming in a few months, and so is my 1 year anniversary of joining ECC. This giveaway would mean a lot to me.
    What do you plan on using the money/resources for?: For continuing my town and my legacy, which contributes to helping builders get plots for cheap or free, and helps anyone who needs a plot or somewhere to stay, or just a little spare change.

Other: I have to hand it to you falconaire, doing these giveaways every single week for such large amounts of money is a very selfless act. I know many players would probably use the money on themselves instead of even thinking of giving it away.

And as always, good luck to all contestants.

#3 Intellectualist, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  4. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    Something makes me think you copy pasted from another giveaway...

5. Alarah

Alarah ECC's Newest Sponsor!
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $19,999,999
    Ratings:
    +334
    IGN: Alarah

Rank(s): [Moderator] [$$$$] [President] survivor

Why do you think you should be chosen as a winner?: I believe I should be chosen, because I am on a quest.... a quest for approximately 450k coal. The end result of this coal is a town, completely underground, which will be made up completely of ''mineral'' blocks. This town will have prebuilt houses, and might even have some of them for sale! I was quite saddened by the removal of emerald city, and am going to make something even more spectacular (no offense).

Another reason is that i am Fluttershy, and we all know Fluttershy is best pony. Everyone loves teh Fluttershy ^_^

What do you plan on using the money/resources for?: Contrary to popular belief, this money will NOT be used for Lottery, as I will be looking for loads, upon loads of coal/coal blocks. (stay tuned for pricing and trade offers)

Other: Not really all that much to say here, than I can't wait to get this project underway, and hope to get a nice jumpstart. (exclude next statement from points) Falc, this giveaway is a great idea, I love it :p

6. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя

Ratings:
    +2,132
    That's debatable... we all know that fluttershy is just as good as every other pony :p

7. Alarah

Alarah ECC's Newest Sponsor!
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $19,999,999
    Ratings:
    +334
    fluttershy is better :)

8. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    Really, which one?

I wouldn't have dared to copy/paste from any giveaway, unless of course it was from one of my own posts, and even then a small part of it.

9. enderman1332

enderman1332 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +15
    IGN: Enderman1332
    Rank(s): Mayor
    Why do you think you should be chosen as a winner?: Looking back, i see i was not that persuasive. unlike other winners *cough* Blowtube *cough*, i did receive any aid actual aid from outsiders, i was never someones "apprentice" no one took me under their wing, no i practically shaped myself into who i am today. now before i start, i am not going to shower you with compliments so i win *cough* ScottMichael *cough* im telling you only why i deserve the money. when i first started i worked my way up to 2k, i decided i would need a home, so i bought a 20x20 for 2k, it was scam. yes my first 3 days and im scammed. i didn't know what to do or what i was supposed to do or had to do to prevent it. fast-forwarding a little more i made some friends, bought a few plots, life was simple. but i had problems, i had trouble on controlling my balance, once an a while i would go broke, recover, go broke, recover, go broke, repeat. I decided to do something or else i would get no where on this server. so i saved up and invested in a bank, i bought a plot in a little developing town ( where i met a nice mayor ). Finally i was doing well, i made some good money off of loans. going a little more forward (about 2 weeks or so) i was broke once more, i still had not fix my problem, so i decided to do something else, i took out a 30k loan, in which i had to pay off 32k in 3 weeks, and bought a pump axe (7k), perms to a 200x200 farm (10k) and a new tools for DevotedToChrist (10k). things were going good i farmed made a good 3k a day. but my problem did not go away. i started buying unnecessary stuff, like boats and mansions. i was not worried until i lost my pump axe. i dont know what happened, i went through a portal, glitched out, died underwater and now officially in major debt. I had 2 weeks to pay off my loan and i only had $750 in my pocket, i was doomed. This is the time where i worked the hardest, it was hard looking for a job, ecc was not the same when i started, jobs were hard to find, well paying jobs even harder. i had to sell away my bank for 5k, i would spend 3 hours on survival games trying to make some money, all by myself. suburb did team with me sometimes but he would always take the win and the money in the end. somehow i did it, i payed off the loan. 3 months into ecc; im broke, still a builder, and have no where to go. i decided to save up on nstars and when i had alot i would sell them so i wouldn't blow all the money as soon as i got them. i collected maybe, 66 nstars, at least. only to find them stolen, in a locked house that had no locked chest. the thief most likely came through an opening in my house, there was nothing i could do, it was stupid for me to not lock the chest. i didn't get mad or anything, i stopped caring at that point. now i was just doing stuff for free since no one would pay me so i could at least do something instead of moping around about how broke i am. then one day things started to change, the nice mayor i talked about earlier gave me an offer; he will buy me resident if i become co-mayor of his town and help him sell plots. I saw it as a great deal and said yes, i don't make alot of money from selling plots, i only receive %25. later that day he gave me another offer, he wanted to add a new region to the area but didn't want to spend alot of money, so instead he would buy me mayor, make me place a town in a place where he wants it and make him permanent comayor, i still got to choose how i wanted the town to be and retained most of the profit from plots. As you can see i agreed and now i worked hard; i started selling nstars, made a couple of investments, found a couple of jobs and now have $35k, the highest i have ever gotten and its getting higher. i felt that my town is more important than any other stupid yacht over 40x40 mansion, i want to make one of the greatest towns on ecc and i intended on doing so. so tell me falconaire, did i impress you? am i worthy of winning?
    What do you plan on using the money/resources for?: as i said im making this huge modern, urban, somewhat futuristic city, it will have a public farm, skyscrapers and luxurious condos. its costing alot of money to getting it cleared ( since its in a mountain biome ) and will cost alot of money to build these buildings so 40k would be really beneficial

Other: i think i have said enough :)

#9 enderman1332, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  10. dgam02

dgam02 ♫ Shitposting Ex-SA ♫
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,377
    Alright first off when you say you weren't persuasive enough, I have a couple of solutions to this. Making your letters a large font doesn't make your effort look better at all, and using proper grammar and capitalization would help.

11. CaptainWow12

CaptainWow12 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +105
    IGN:captainwow12
    Rank(s):President
    Why do you think you should be chosen as a winner?:Well because I'm great and I'll use it to good use and I never lotto so it won't be a waste choosing me. I do farm but it takes hours to get the kind of money your giving it out which is a really nice thing of you.
    What do you plan on using the money/resources for?:I plan on using it for my project Oakridge Downs Horse Racing and Stables,I need the money for a portal,materials and for paying other users to create gate signs etc.
    Other: I truly need this money and its amazing that your doing this every week. No other ECC user is nice as you,and I really like your style of housing its truly beautiful even know I hate Medieval houses in Minecraft but you make it look good.

12. scottmichaelj

scottmichaelj Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +32
    [​IMG]
    Before I say anything, I would like to give a standing ovation to Falconaire. The fact that for the past 6 weeks Falconaire has been assisting users by giving them large monetary amounts in simply astounding. He has given more back to the community than he has spent in ranks. This is simply amazing. We are all proud of ourselves when we start making money. We now have money that we can spend on our own. Falconaire had their mind set on a different point. He saw his source of income as a way to give back to the great community Ecocitycraft is. Falconaire is like a paperclip of Ecocitycraft. He is the one that keeps us together. Without users like Falconaire, Ecocitycraft would not be where it is today. In his last 5 weeks of give-aways, Falconaire has given away $295,000 EcoDollars. This is more than enough money to buy him [President], a town portal, and so much more. If he is lucky, he could even purchase himself a Melon Sword! He has only joined the forums on May 19! Yet, look at what he has achieved, shaping the Ecocitycraft Community to what is is today. This is incredible! I would say more, but unfortunately, there are no words to describe your generosity! Thank you so much!

IGN:
    Scottmichaelj

Rank(s):
    I am the rank of [Mayor]. I have not yet purchased any additional ranks, such as [Survivor] or [Pilot]. I wish to purchase [President]. Unfortunately, donating is out of the question for the time being.

[​IMG]
    Why do you think you should be chosen as a winner?:
    Now, currently this question is not important. It is how in the world do you give away this much money? Anyway, back to the point. Yes, I have already won second place in Week #5 in Falconaire's give-aways. But why do I need more money you ask! There are multiple reasons I should be chosen as the winner of this give-away. As stated later in this application, this money will be put to good use. I am a dedicated member of the Ecocitycraft community. A couple months ago, I celebrated my 1 year anniversary. I took a break of Ecocitycraft for about three months, but I could not resist coming back to visit my favorite community. Then I started playing and got hooked again. Many people out there are very deserving of this money. However, this money would go towards creating natural town, a town like no other. This money would be put to a good cause, and not squandered on things in which are not necessary. As winner, I would take pride knowing a distinguished member is the close-knit community of Ecocitycraft has recognized my passion. It feels simply amazing to have your dreams be believed in. The thought of knowing your dreams are with-in reach is incredible. And lastly, knowing that someone cares for you, means more than anything else in the world. To be praised by someone in which everybody looks up to is an incredible feat. To know that you are not going unseen nor unheard, is like nothing words can describe.

But why do I need more money you ask! Well, I want you to read this thread here. This money again would be put to an excellent cause. As you may know, I currently have a town called Nottingham. After a series of irresponsible Co-Mayors, poor planning, a six month absence, and an illegal town placed next to mine, this town has turned to nothing more than an expensive parcel of land with useless buildings cluttered around. The other problem is the biomes in which this town is placed. In a desperate attempt to place a town and get started, my town was placed in a Taiga and Swamp biome. If you have not yet traveled in these biomes, the trees and grass are rather disgusting. This money would allow me to become closer to the rank of [President]. If you visited the above link, you saw the application for [President]. Hopefully you noticed that this rank costs you $180,000 EcoDollars. This money is enough to rank 12 [Builders] up to [Resident].

[​IMG]
    Also, money will be needed to buy materials for my town and other expenses. If any money is received, it will go towards [President]. This means it may outright go to my fund, or it may go towards the purchase of farm permissions that will help me reach my goal of $180,000 EcoDollars. Also, this money will be put to use in helping others. Once in a while I will see a dedicated player struggling with their funds. In most situations, I give them a small monetary donation, and give them instructions on how to earn money. In my previous application I discussed creating a program called Supply and Demand. This is where the Demander announces what they are buying, while the Suppliers bid against each other, fighting for the lowest price against other Suppliers. Whoever bids the lowest will get business from the Demander. This would be good for starting businesses as they will have an equal opportunity to sell their goods. However, bidding to low as a Supplier may result in a loss of money. The reason I thought of this idea is from wanting to purchase supplies. I needed some supplies but wanted the lowest possible price so I made an advertisement in [Trade] channel. I said "If anyone can beat the price of [X] for [Y], please private message me." I received many private messages stating the could be the price stated. I thought, why not turn this into larger event. However, space and starting funds would be needed for this project. All in all, the money received, if any, would go towards the main points stated above.

1. [President].
    2. Purchase items, permissions, etc. that would provide income.
    3. Help users that are need.
    4. Start my program Supply and Demand.
    [​IMG]

Other:
    The fact that I won second place is simply astounding last week! All I can say is that Falconaire deserves to be on the Ecocitycraft Hall of Fame. $295,000 is a lot of money to simply hand over to members of the community, yet he has done it. This means everything. To all of a sudden be the winner of well-known competition is incredible. I would just like to credit everything to Falconaire. This chance is once in a lifetime, and can change anyone's life around. Falconaire is the one that all makes this possible. We shall all look up to him as an example of an extraordinary member of this community. I think that Falconaire deserves a second round of applause.

#12 scottmichaelj, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  13. enderman1332

enderman1332 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +15
    large font did not have anything to do with it, I just wanted to make it more visible and yes I know my capitalization, especially with my I's, are off

14. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder

Ratings:
    +1,416
    LOL, well I don't think that's really what he meant :3. This cracked me up, my name is falconaire, not avowin xD. I do know avowin though, he's a town member, cool dude! I think the reason that Shane thinks you copy/pasted was that you were thanking the wrong player (presumably), causing this whole event ;P

15. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Lolz, I put my zoom from 125% to 75% when I was reading it xD

16. brandbauer

brandbauer ℬeacon ℒegend

Ratings:
    +798
  17. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Awww snap, this is when you know it's gonna be good xD

18. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    Oh, lol, I'm not quite sure how I did that...

But I can assure you I never copy/pasted, if you look at the last two pages of give-aways, avowin has never done a give-away.

Lol, still facepalming myself on this one...let me edit it out :p

19. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder

Ratings:
    +1,416
    xD no problem, we all have those moments!

20. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    But I never have those moments :/ Ever.

This is all extremely embarrassing tbh...