1.18 Map Migration: Town Migrations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ClarinetPhoenix, Dec 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    Again.. forgive the dumbness of an old man. I think I understand everything, however I purposely chose not to build or do anything with my current town due to the upcoming transfer discussed at the time just to be safe. It sounds like in order to take advantage of chest transfers though I will still need to have the town transferred? If I was to take advantage of the chest storage you provided would It be easier for me to just plot a new town on the new map rather then do a full transfer? If I’m reading this right. It just seems like more work for staff to transfer a town I have no attachment to. Hope this makes sense!

#41 ajp79, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  2. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    You can transfer your region without a build, that’s fine. The app will offer a choice.
    If you don’t want to transfer a build but you do have items you want moved then yes, you want to utilize the chest-transfer space service we’ve set up.
    If you have TBs and PVs those will also suffice.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    #42 ClarinetPhoenix, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  3. hrfrancis08

hrfrancis08 President
    President ⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +8
    Hmmm not sure on this one, I believe if you have a spot at /warp chests they can be transferred over or if you are not starting on a new biome. If you don't have a plot at /warp chests and are starting fresh I recommend one though. Most people just take the stuff they have immediately, until they can get their new town.

4. ClarinetPhoenix

Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Chests in a town build that you are transferring with the build.
    The chest space is for those without a town and needs space for their stuff.

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I know we have a free period of a month or so to transfer our regions as well as builds if we want, but what happens if, for example, a mayor doesn’t log in during that month. Would:
    1.) They still be able to transfer their region for free after that roughly month long period (but not the build without paying) or would:
    2.) Their town name on the current map be available once again after that roughly month long period for anyone to use

6. ClarinetPhoenix

Ratings:
    +5,380
    I’ve yet to decide what happens here, I’ll think on it.

7. 1DeathStalker

Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    Tried to find anything about but with no luck so here we go. What will happen with out balance is it going to be needed to save to bank or is it all lost or is nothing at all happening to it?

8. ClarinetPhoenix

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Nothing is happening to balances, it’s a migration to the new 1.18 maps, not a reset, everything transfers.

9. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    For fans of red dwarf...

It all transfers Dave. Them money will transfer Dave. All the money will move over Dave. It's all going to transfer DAVE.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Happy Happy x 1
    • List
  10. SpartanAmaroq

SpartanAmaroq President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐

Ratings:
    +19
    Love Red Dwarf and homemade mudslides . . .:cat: Glad nothing happening to balances, was thinking of asking the same thing after what andrew said in discord.

11. ClarinetPhoenix

Ratings:
    +5,380
    The 1.18.2 migration period is now over.

Once the archive maps are restored users may proceed to transfer builds only to the new map via the Archive World Edit Application.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.