1.18 Map Migration: Town Migrations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ClarinetPhoenix, Dec 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unnbearable

Unnbearable Slightly Bearable
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +171
    yes, when you transfer your regions, the chests will also be copied over with all the contents inside.

2. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    All private locked chests from any user will essentially be wiped upon transfer I assume?

3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,270
    Yeah, the locks will be removed, but contents safe. Staff is also putting a chest-access deny flag on all ported over towns to stop thieves

4. Mission001

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    So essentially it's a free lwc request against any member (active/inactive) of the town

5. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    I don't see anything in here about whether farm towns can be worldedited over. Pretty much all staff stated absolutely that they couldn't be, so it'd be nice for some clarification.

#25 communism1, Dec 28, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  6. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    Myself and the GA's can be on watch for something like this and we won't allowing people to be assholes, its a map migration, not an opportunity to be a jerk. If this happens I'll look into it and proceed from there.

It has been clarified in the original post.
    Yes, but if your app was already processed for the region transfer this would require you to contact me afterward to arrange the porting of your builds.
    I don't mind doing this, I know placing regions first will be #1 priority for the users.

This is unavoidable unfortunately but yes. I have some plans in the works to minimize negative impact of this fact in the works. Realistically I'm not fussed about inactive players, town owners could already lwc those chests and if they haven't then they simply haven't yet.
    The real issue is making sure players who are active/semi-active but don't have towns or store their things in other people's towns are not screwed.

Here is the plan regarding that, this is already added to the original post:
    We can also do this for MN if needed, but for now I just have it on Main.
    Once this is finished and ready to go we will begin letting users store their things.

Additions to the post:
    We're going to be placing a hold on town-names that were previously purchased during the free-migration period.
    Keep the questions coming, I absolutely don't mind and its definitely making sure I take measures to address the major concerns regarding transfers. :)

#26 ClarinetPhoenix, Dec 28, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  7. Tamoch

Tamoch President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +15
    I'll have a single piece of dirt on top of all my chests to be that temporary lock while being transferred.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    What if we have items in chests in a town and they decide not to transfer over after the update? Will we just lose everything we have? If the answer is yes, may I please have a storage room? :)

9. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,270
    This might've been answered already, so apologies in advance, but would shulkers in PVs, TBs, and inventory blocks in towns be safe or should we error on the side of putting the contents in a chest?

Also, would there be any issues whatsoever transporting lored items, player/mojang heads, or anything like that?

10. ClarinetPhoenix

Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    All of that should be fine.

11. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I looked thru the thread again and don't really see an answer to this. I have many chests in a town and have asked if it is being ported over but have not received an answer yet.
    I realize the safest way is to have my own town, however, I was hoping to wait until after the migration to find a spot if possible.
    Any chance I could get that locker in your town if I don't get an answer - of course I really would prefer not to transfer all my chests before the migration :)

12. ClarinetPhoenix

Ratings:
    +5,379
    We will be doing a chest-transfer area under the staff plottown.
    I didn’t say anything yet cause it’s not up and running yet. It is in the first post though.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  13. Flamingforce

Flamingforce President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +115
    Will the town of Plots (both MN and M) be transferred as well?

14. ClarinetPhoenix

Ratings:
    +5,379
    Yes all the spawntowns are going over.

15. Mission001

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Will spawn town progress and activity be evaluated at this time?
    Or is that more of an ongoing thing?

16. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,270
    I agree with this. This map reset seems to be a golden time to truly see who is actively doing spawn town stuff, especially since I know of at least one (arguably two) town(s) at least that are bare and haven't received work in a long time

17. rbaj

rbaj Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +79
    can we bring back old spawn

18. ClarinetPhoenix

Ratings:
    +5,379
    The Chest-Transfer spaces are now up and running and ready to be used for those who need them.
    Check out that information here: https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/1-18-migration-chest-transfer-spaces.215526/
    Tagging @AdmiralD since he was looking for this.

I've also re-organized the information a bit on the first post and I have done some research and have determined as such;
    It turns out it is possible to copy mobs over within town builds. So good news to all those who have mobs/pets, you will be able to take them over!

Now for the questions for today!
    I will be starting the Spawntown reviews again post-migration. I will give the owners a chance to decide to return/progress their towns once we are on 1.18.

We will be moving forward with the current spawn.

19. DrowningInPizza

DrowningInPizza Always Drowning In Something
    EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,226
    Will /ec be transferring over as well? I only saw TB and PV, sorry if someone already asked!

20. Unnbearable

Unnbearable Slightly Bearable
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +171
    yes, /ec (enderchest) is part of the player file, which is coming over in it's entirety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.