Denied YouTube Rank

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OppyStoppy, Dec 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    Yes, this isn't the proper format. No, this rank isn't for me.

Hear me out, if we got growing youtubers to join, and he showed off our features here because his YouTube rank came with it, others may be compelled to join and/or buy features. I have a good friend, LaakeB who would be interested in this. He's got 30k and growing fast. Seeing as he's partnered with BajanCanadian, I don't have much of a doubt benja would come over here as well. Just a thought, can be refined. I can help you guys contact LaakeB if you need it. :)

Also don't deny because it's the wrong format... I can't think when I do format stuff. Just read the tiny amount of text please. :)

2. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    Moderator EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    Two questions about that suggestion:
    1. Would this be a cosmetic rank or would it include special abilities, e.g. features? I don't think a purely cosmetic tag (which, I assume, would work like a staff tag by overriding the player rank) is enough motivation for YouTube creators to publish videos about ECC.
    2. What would the criteria be? Of course I shouldn't be able to create a new account with 0 subscribers and then create a 30 second video to obtain the rank, so we'd need some kind of minimum criteria.
    Suggestions won't get denied just because they don't use the format.

3. Scamazon

Scamazon monkey

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    Ok, firstly there's no proper suggestion format, only a recommended one.

Secondly, don't assume genders.

Thirdly, I'm not exactly sure about having a YouTube rank. If someone has the YouTube rank, it's the sad truth that there will always be attention seekers and as well as this, one of the major factors of ECC are the ranks, which won't be able to be demonstrated easily as a YouTuber though I can think of a solution to this. The /nick feature which is popular amongst the stereotypical YouTube rank would also be extremely difficult to implement because of the ranks and I just feel that it's not right to be some random player of a different rank in every video. Please correct me if I'm wrong in any way, I'd love to see solutions to the issues I have. :)

4. lambiser

lambiser Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +906
    I don’t know, the thing is if we brand ourselves with a YouTuber, they kind of have hold on ECC. If they do something extremely inappropriate, even if it has nothing to do with ECC, then we will be seen the same as then. (I’m not saying your friend would do that, but some YouTube out there probably would.) It’s the risk of branding ECC with a Youtubee, and the risk of players who just want to see the YouTuber, which may be annoying.

5. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    I think Erem wants multiple youtubers trying to get attention to the server not just one. So it’s not really branding the server with a certain person. It’s like minecraft overall, it’s got a lot of people making videos on it and just cause some of them have done some really bad things- that doesn’t reflect badly on the game in anyway.
    I’m just curious to see what the tag would do, is it purely cosmetic? In which cause it’s a +1
    Or would it also have some sort of benefit- like reduced time on water placing or things like that. Also who deserves to have the tag- I think people would need to apply for it and staff choose who gets it- like staff applications
    But cool idea

6. lambiser

lambiser Builder

Ratings:
    +906
    But there’s always that risk...

7. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    No, his rank would have lots of features, not all, but lots.
    Creiteria could/would be 20k subs min, 4 videos 10 minutes long on ECC and continuing.

The YouTube rank would simply be there along with the other ranks, not like staff tags.
    Multiple youtubers might join!

8. LeosZombie

LeosZombie Builder

Ratings:
    +20
    I think this sounds like an interesting idea. however at the same time I can see multiple problems in the near future if it's accepted. such as what features exactly would they get? would it also show their normal rank or just the youtube rank? and if so we'll probably get a lot of random people trying to meet the qualifications just for the features. I like the idea of it also being done in applications but I think there should probably also be a minimum amount of time spent on the server to get the rank too.

9. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    The rank seems to be temporary, so if they want to keep the rank, they must keep making videos. With the application process, only certain people would get it, not just randoms.
    I think it should, the youtube tag would be something like a ctag of sorts.

10. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Plenty of youtubers already play the server. Eg. https://www.youtube.com/user/ACtennisAC (Sorry for the callout) We don't give them any special privileges, nor will we give any special rank to them.
    Everyone gets the same treatment.

If a youtuber wants to come on the server and make videos, all the power to them. If they only will come on if we give them a rank, sorry, we don't want you.

#10 JamieSinn, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  11. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    -1 we don't need idol worship here

12. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    -1 I got 64k but a fancy rank wouldn’t be motivation to record here

13. FFA_Jdub

FFA_Jdub Reformed Troll
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +894
    Not a fan of the idea of a "YoutubeRank"
    If its really needed it should just be a tag.

14. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,329
    Yeah, I have 80k (mostly from other servers I helped build), but I’m happy with my rank

15. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,104
    Weve never had and won’t have special ranks like this. Way too dumb to regulate. And to be honest I don’t care much if someone’s a YouTuber or not.

Unless you’re Donald Trump or Kim Jung Un you don’t get special treatment.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #15 andrewkm, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.