By andrewkm on Dec 9, 2017 at 5:24 AM
  1. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be away this month starting in a few days. I am flying to Europe for a few weeks and will return in the New Year (January 1st-3rd). I will be between several countries and for the first time am not taking a laptop with me, going on a real vacation finally (something I haven't done in over 6-7 years). I will still have my cellphone and will be able to attend to the following:

- Check the forums & attend to my inbox.
    - Respond via Discord in regards to any serious situations.

- [email protected] email will be fully functional for assistance with any BuyCraft purchases you make (responses may take up to 24-48 hours so please be patient). Please note this email as always is prioritized specifically for financial payment support.
    - Server maintenance and hardware monitoring will be done and I'll have full access to everything needed for any situation so no worries there.
    - And yes, I will try to throw some sports up if I can :)

@JamieSinn will be around as well and he has just as much access as myself to basically everything. As well don't forget we have an amazing staff team and our @Moderator 's would be happy to help you with anything you require throughout this month. As well don't forget about our Help/Support section on the forums, which is probably the fastest way for you to get help.

Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know why I'll be MIA. Big Christmas holiday with the entire family :) Happy holidays everyone!

PS: In addition, would like to add that in December our main focus will be 1.13 preparation. I have an entire game-mode ready to go already (no not Skyblock, another one we're launching first), but this won't get released until the New Year (early January) & until we have updated all our plugins and custom code to support 1.13. Sadly, 1.13 is a massive update under the hood (https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/minecraft-1-13-what-to-expect.288714/) and it is going to be absolute & literal horror for developers like @JamieSinn - This takes priority over anything else on EcoCityCraft of course, we need to ensure our players have a stable environment to play on as soon as the new version hits. It is only Jamie & myself when it comes to running the back end of this server, thus projects continue to get pushed back constantly as we're only human, and can only do so much while also shuffling real life.

I'm hoping that if everything goes to plan, 1.13 will be out during the first week of January, immediately followed by the next game mode we're launching (which should be really cool & one that is in fact an AEM game mode. Yes AEM players, your ranks will carry over and you won't have to rebuy them.)

And of course, if Mojang pushes 1.13 back, I'll simply go forward with the new game-mode launch. Mojang's delays will not affect us. We simply want to be ready in advance and @JamieSinn has already begun making major coding changes in preparations for this big update.

Oh and to answer the question that will be asked of course:
    Q: But why do you keep pushing back Skyblock?
    A: Because why kill the meme man :(!

#1 andrewkm, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'News, Announcements & Server Information' started by andrewkm, Dec 9, 2017.

1. andrewkm
      andrewkm
      Added this above,

PS: In addition, would like to add that in December our main focus will be 1.13 preparation. I have an entire game-mode ready to go already (no not Skyblock, another one we're launching first), but this won't get released until the New Year (early January) & until we have updated all our plugins and custom code to support 1.13. Sadly, 1.13 is a massive update under the hood (https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/minecraft-1-13-what-to-expect.288714/) and it is going to be absolute & literal horror for developers like @JamieSinn - This takes priority over anything else on EcoCityCraft of course, we need to ensure our players have a stable environment to play on as soon as the new version hits. It is only Jamie & myself when it comes to running the back end of this server, thus projects continue to get pushed back constantly as we're only human, and can only do so much while also shuffling real life.

I'm hoping that if everything goes to plan, 1.13 will be out during the first week of January, immediately followed by the next game mode we're launching (which should be really cool & one that is in fact an AEM game mode. Yes AEM players, your ranks will carry over and you won't have to rebuy them.)

And of course, if Mojang pushes 1.13 back, I'll simply go forward with the new game-mode launch. Mojang's delays will not affect us. We simply want to be ready in advance and @JamieSinn has already begun making major coding changes in preparations for this big update.

Oh and to answer the question that will be asked of course:
      Q: But why do you keep pushing back Skyblock?
      A: Because why kill the meme man :(!
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2017