Denied [Website & Forums Suggestion] Monthly Feature Subscription

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by O__O__O__O, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. O__O__O__O

O__O__O__O Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +82
    In Game Name:
    FwgQween
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Monthly Feature Subscription
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting a monthly feature subscription with some features (i.e. ExtCommands, ExtCreations, etc.) to be added to the ECC Store. Think of it like an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.

An Essentials Pack (has ExtCommands, Water, Tombstone)/Creative Pack (ExtCreations, TownControl) could be some ideas.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Many players would like to try to see how they can use a feature before they buy it outright. I understand that the ECC website shows what the features can be used for, but everyone uses features for their own distinct purposes.

In addition, I think this would make the server more money, and that means more money can be put into improving the server financially (i.e. technical equipment, emergency fund, etc.). Many new players would also like to try a feature or two without needing to spend real-life money or work endlessly in-game to pay someone else to buy the feature.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:
    This involves the ECC Store and is probably going to be a programming nightmare; so the technicalities themselves may be already enough of a reason to deny this. However, I'm not an experienced programmer, so I'd like to hear opinions :)
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,319
    I mean, this is a good idea on paper, but I don’t think it would be too practical. Why would someone spend real money on a temp service when they could just buy it permanently. IMO, we would need either the temp service or the permanent service; don’t think both would work. -1

3. O__O__O__O

O__O__O__O Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +82
    I like your argument. It can be said that sale prices do erode the need for a monthly service.

4. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    Can simply have them be in bundle form and the trial is only available once, say for a week maybe. If they like some of those features then they'd buy them. If they don't choose to buy any of them, then they can't just keep redoing the trial. Either way the trial would only be available once at max for them to try out all of the features in that bundle.

#4 FwgKing, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  5. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    But what is the trial useful for?
    The details of each feature are very specific and show exactly what they are capable of.
    This is also quite easy to take advantage of, like if someone wants to make some cool doors in their town with the creations feature then they would just take the trial and be done with it.
    The user could also affect the economy by now using /smelt to convert all their cobblestone to stone and sell for more (you get the idea).

To wrap up the point,
    there is no trial needed since its very clear what you are buying and what benefits are given from the features.
    Allowing this would have quite a few consequences, and many more unseen ones.

low key just sounds like you want features without the commitment of buying them.

Big ol -1

#5 LaggyTryHard, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    I think a recurring feature subscription is a neat idea - after all, a stable income is always good. Not sure that having it filled with existing features is the best approach since then there's no reason for most people to buy it. If we add new features though, a recurring subscription would be cool.

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,098
    I've attempted this in various ways in the past, and it simply doesn't work well with ECC.
    Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.