Denied [Website & Forums Suggestion] Inconsistent Reply Permissions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mypolopony, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mypolopony

mypolopony Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +38
    In Game Name:
    mypolopony
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Inconsistent Reply Permissions
    What are you suggesting:
    First of all, threads are almost always immediately closed for replies if they have been addressed by a moderator, or andrew, and that makes sense for the purposes of efficiency, and we don't need to over-litigate every single issue, because mods have other things to do. But it does seem weird that I can still add an impression (like / winner / potato) on a closed thread. It just kind of sets up a weird dynamic that i don't think is quite achieving the goal the moderators are going for.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    The solution would be to disallow liking or potatoing threads that are closed. I can't say if it's a good addition or not, but I just found the current experience kind of asymmetrical.
    Other information:
    <3
    Plugin or custom addition:
    I don't know anything about Xenforo tag management but I'm sure it's in the manual there somewhere. . .
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,098
    Firstly, what you are asking for is literally not possible in the Xenforo add on.
    Secondly, even if it was, we have a plethora of threads that get locked every day, simply because the issue at hand has been dealt with. There is literally no reason to block ratings on locked threads. Furthermore, blocking ratings doesn't even affect you in anyway as the only people who can respond and lock threads, finishing an issue at hand, are EcoCityCraft staff.

The only thing I see that happened here, is a staff member denied your appeal, and you're salty he's getting approval ratings on it. If this bother's you I think it's time to rethink using the internet in 2019. They're... ratings...

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #2 andrewkm, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.