Accepted [Website & Forums Suggestion] "Create new thread" in staff requests

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by a_man21, Mar 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    In Game Name:
    a_man21
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums
    Short title for your suggestion:
    "Create new thread" in staff requests
    What are you suggesting:
    Add a "create new thread" button in the Staff Requests forum section for LWC removals, and have this in addition to the current form.

This is what the Staff Requests section currently looks like; there was a button on the right hand side of the screen directly across from the "Staff Requests" header that let players create a new thread instead of just filling out the form.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    That way people who aren't familiar with the LWC filing process can do it the "easy way" and fill out the form; or those of us who have more experience and have a lot of LWC requests to file can simply hit "create new thread" for a blank thread where they can copy/paste an old approved LWC request and just edit in the correct information.

Before the current form existed there was just a "create new thread" button, players could either copy/paste in the questions and fill them out each time a new thread was to be created, or they could copy and paste an entire old LWC form and just change the username and coordinates, without having to answer the same questions over and over, and without having to dig for the town application. Someone mentioned in game tonight that they charge builders $3k for a plot because its difficult and takes a long time for LWC requests to be filed, so it sounds to me like the LWC process should be easier.

Just so it's clear, I am not suggesting we remove the current form; I am suggesting that we have both the form, and a "create new thread" button
    Other information:
    I think I'm the one who filed the suggestion several years back to create the form that's currently in use; my intention for that suggestion was to have both the form and the "create new thread" button in place, I guess the form was created and the button ended up being removed (I was staff when that suggestion was approved so I had the create new thread button for staff, I suppose I just didn't notice its absence after I resigned until now).
    Plugin or custom addition:
    just Xenforo, since we used to have this exact button.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
    #1 a_man21, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  2. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    +1 this would make it a lot easier to file LWC's in the same town!

3. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
    +1 Rarely file my own LWC's, but this would be useful for formatting and mass removals.

4. samiwarbler

samiwarbler Sheep Queen
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +552
    I mean... I don’t see why can’t you just use the back button and it keeps all the same information on the form but sure.

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    +1 I ended up pasting everything in the first slot before and it looked like shitte

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.