Accepted [Website & Forums Suggestion] Change the Staff Requests Forum Title

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LegendaryTrio, Jul 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LegendaryTrio

LegendaryTrio Legs and Dairy Pokémon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +301
    In-Game Name:
    LegendaryTrio​
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums​
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Change the Staff Requests Forum Title​
    What are you suggesting:
    This suggestion proposes that the forum entitled "Staff Requests" under the "Requests, Reports & Contracts" section of the forums be renamed as "LWC & Chest Shop Removal Requests" / "LWC & Chest Shop Removals" / "LWC & Chest Shop Requests" / "Lock Removal Requests" / "Removal Requests" or some combination thereof.​
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    "Staff Requests" is not a very clear directive for new players and owners/co-owners of newly established towns, so changing the name to "LWC & Chest Shop Requests" removes some of the ambiguity that comes with the phrase "Staff Requests". In this regard, staff members do not have to explain to people as often where the section for locked items removal requests are located on the forums, and the new title matches the parent forum title concerning "Requests". Also, there is only one type of "Staff Request" (lock removals) and one application form, so there isn't much of a negative conceivable impact by modifying the forum title to something more concise and understandable.​
    Other information:
    N/A​
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Xenforo​
    One suggestion per form:

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    -1 iirc those forums are for more than just chest shops and LWCs; I’ve seen the occasional forum that wasn’t either of those things (or trade signs)

3. LegendaryTrio

LegendaryTrio Legs and Dairy Pokémon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +301
    The Staff Requests forum section used to have Trade Sign Removals, but since those can only be made now by certain members of staff, it is no longer possible to file that kind of application. Currently, the only threads that can be posted in the Staff Requests forum section are LWC Protections Removals and Chest Shop Removals.

4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Yeah I know. I mentioned that already. I vaguely remember an app that wasn’t any of those three before. I think it was to remove a spawner, but I don’t remember right now

5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    There's been periodic other stuff, but if I recall, changing a forum name is pretty trivial

6. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    +1

Typically, the staff requests forum is only really monitored by SMod. All other things thats that could be classed as a "staff request" would be GA stuff, which already has avenues of being put in places monitored by them (name changes), or are very minor and can be fixed by simply just asking (only example I can think of is incorrect birthday, or in the case of tool tracking, is dealt with via forum PM's)

If another SMod responsibility comes up, then yeah, change it back to staff requests. But for now, calling the forum LWC and Chest Shop Removals is a more apt description of it.

#6 kenny0011, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  7. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    The staff requests section of the forum is almost exclusively for LWC Removals/Chest Shop removals. So I don't see any issue with making it clearer with a small name change tbh.

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I'll leave this for @ClarinetPhoenix to decide and forum pm me on how to proceed.

9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This has now been changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.