Accepted [Website & Forums Suggestion] Change Mayor / 6 month for staff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kenny0011, Jun 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    In Game Name:
    kenny0011
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Change Mayor / 6 month for staff
    What are you suggesting:
    Changing the requirement for all staff applications from the current ranked mayor or 6 month old forum account, to a blanket 2 month old forum account requirement
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    To be honest, I never really understood the the current requirements, and to me seem completely arbitary.

On one hand, you have the mayor requirement. This is potentially a relatively low requirement, with mayor being easily reachable within a week. Furthermore, usually the apps posted by "fresh mayors" are often completely overlooked, both pubically, and, at least in my experence and staff, not even discussed during app picks, with any discussion usually resulting in "they need more time, prehaps next round".

On the other hand, the six month requirement is completely unnessesary. There have been countless great staff members that got staff before the magic 6 month mark. This is compeltely in excess of what I personally think it should be.

Therefore, as a compromise, I suggest a blanket 2 month requirement. This typically is a decent amount of time for a person to have a solid grasp of ECC, and generally willing to stick around. It also seems like the golden point for a lot of newer staff members, with most in my recent memory being about that old serverwise. It also is typically the time period between staff app rounds, allowing for fresh mayors to actually get the experience for the next round.
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Staff apps
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +687
    +1
    It's silly to allow a player to join, be donated 100k (subject to a town rank up or even a friend/sibling money donation) and be allowed to apply for staff vs a decent player who is choosing not to rank up yet but has only been around for 3 of 4 months and can't apply due to their rank. 2 months is perfect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    -1 I think that the “or mayor” clause should just be removed and the “6 months” one made the only qualification

4. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    imho just remove the requirements entirely

you said yourself it's not like brand new mayors get serious discussion anyway so the issue of potentially unqualified applicants really just sorts itself out. We're not a big server that gets hundreds or thousands of staff apps and we need to pare that down in some way. Just let people apply when they think they're ready.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I agree with this.
    @ClarinetPhoenix will make this change.

6. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    Removed the rank and forum account age requirements.

These will remain; these are not account age/rank dependent but still give users some information on how to evaluate if they might be ready to apply.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.