Denied [Website & Forums Suggestion] Builder Bonus Quiz

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheMansheep, Nov 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMansheep

TheMansheep Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +23
    In Game Name:
    TheMansheep
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Builder Bonus Quiz
    What are you suggesting:
    I would like to suggest adding a short quiz to the Builder Bonus application form. Testing them on basic mechanics the server employs regularly (such as homes, warps, etc.) This will encourage new players to follow the tutorial at the start, give them an advantage early on in the game and will provide them with a nice monetary bonus as a reward for their efforts.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I believe this will encourage new players to seek out answers for themselves, answers that are readily available in the tutorial and thus said answers will also stick with them a lot better. You see a lot of repeat questions in the chat, and I believe this is frustrating for both the players themselves, as the people responsible for answering them.
    Other information:
    Example questions could include:

You want to go mining, how do you get to the mining world?
    Name two common ways to make money on the server.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Enforced tutorials turn players away. Requiring them to answer a quiz for their start-up bonus basically forces the tutorial on them. It is there if they want the information at the start but isn't meant to be a catch-all for providing information.

We have a very willing Staff team and community to assist users as needed. Many of the new players have commented on that lately as well. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.