Water Farm Dilemma

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Holycolt, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Holycolt

Holycolt Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    So because of recent events I went about creating a Semi-Auto Water Farm. I got ambitious with it and decided to make it so that when it was harvested it would flow to one spot. I've gotten it all built after running into different problems, but managed to get past them all until now. The issue is it will harvest everything and push it all to the one spot but I'm unable to pick any of it up. If I disconnect and log back on it all disappears and I can go pick it all up off the farms if i wanted too. I'm curious if anyone else has run into this probelm, if i'm missing something that everyone already knows about or what? If so, someone please enlighten me. :p Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

A few additional facts, The Wheat/Seeds don't seem to group/stack together when they pop. And then it's as if my inventory was full, because the their there the water moves them, blocks move them but I can't pick them up. Maybe it's a bug or I'm poping to many at once? I really don't know. It's roughly a 50x50 farm.

#1 Holycolt, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. Harryhaz1

Harryhaz1 RIP Lava sponge.
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,111
    With the disappearing items, it's possible with very large semi-auto wheat farms (like my own) that the time it takes to reach the bottom, is more than the time it takes for items to despawn, so, before you can pick then up there gone

3. TurkeyG3

TurkeyG3 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +38
    my farm used to work really well. i used to be able to activate all of the gates in one go and the water carried it all downhill.

now i can only activate 4 sections each time and i have to follow the water downhill (both start and finish) to make sure it doesn't glitch. ends up being seeds and wheat all over the place.

[​IMG]

4. NickLA3107

NickLA3107 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +206
    laff, farm perms pl0x :D

5. chargers2417

chargers2417 Builder

Ratings:
    +564
    Save up for melon sword, wheat's too hard to farm for me : P

6. Holycolt

Holycolt Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Harryhaz1 I've considered that but it's not really that large of a farm, it takes the items in the very back maybe 2-3 minutes to the reach front where I'm at, that couple be the problem but it wouldn't quite make sense to me if it was the answer considering the time involved.

laff80 I had similar water problems at first but I was able to work them out my keeping the farm within rendering distance to prevent the water from glitching, now it's just the item issue.

nickla3107 Lawl I gotta get it to work first.

@ Chargers2417 I actually came to that conclusion last night, hopefully I'll have one by next week.

Thanks for the input everyone.

7. Glackmore

Glackmore Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +82
    Good luck with figuring out the problem. I never liked wheat farms.