Denied [VMR Server Suggestion] Remove Dragon Egg from kit rare

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by georgie0417, Feb 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgie0417

georgie0417 ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ Raise ur Dongers ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +636
    In Game Name:
    Georgie0417
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    VMR Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Remove Dragon Egg from kit rare
    What are you suggesting:
    Removing the Dragon Egg from the kit rare drop table
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Removing obtainable items makes it easier to roll the actual unobtainable items.
    Other information:
    This is the one obtainable item that has a strong reason for being included in kit rare. The fact that only a single dragon egg spawns in every week would make it a race to the end for people trying to achieve booklet. While I can see why it would discourage some of the less experienced users, this would add a competitive edge to VMR and open up a niche market for anyone who wants to sell the dragon egg.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,356
    So I’m kind of torn with this suggestion. I see where you are coming from, and Im almost apt to agree, but idk.

I do know back when the egg wasn’t a part of the Rare kit roll, there was one team that always killed the dragon and hoarded the egg (or occasionally sold it for an extremely high number). I’m afraid that this will happen again (and if it does, a team can get to the end faster than a single person can, so many people who want to do booklet would get barred hard from completing it).

Now for my rating:
    Huge -1 if we keep it at 3 or higher
    Going to say +0 if it gets changed to 1 (the original amount prior to the 1.13 update) as I don’t know how I feel there

3. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    +1 This would add another competitive aspect to VMR and give players potential to make money by selling it to other players. We should remove it from /cc but keep it at 3 for completion.

#3 Chundi_Jr, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  4. Quackk

Quackk I like to build
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +245
    +1, I have 11. :)

5. KaylaBearBear

KaylaBearBear Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +134
    -1 I can't see how only having 1 of something each week can go well. Especially Since this would be a race to get it first, and some people can't get on until later in the week. People will hoard it because they can. Also, there is such a small amount of players who play Vmr consistently, this definitely wouldn't bring more people to vmr.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #5 KaylaBearBear, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    Not sure how discouraging players from playing an already unpopular gamemode adds a competitive edge.

7. EtherealSquid

EtherealSquid Former ServerAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,155
    Huge -1 here.

By this same logic we should remove nether stars and beacons as well, because you could get them if you really tried to get wither skulls. We should also remove mob heads, since those are hard but possible. Etc. I don’t see why we should remove one “rare but not unobtainable” item for the sake of “competition” and leave all the rest, especially when the dragon egg has only one per week compared to a possible multitude of the other “rares.” If anything, the dragon egg is more rare than some of the others.

8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    To be fair, he also suggested that.

9. georgie0417

georgie0417 ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ Raise ur Dongers ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +636
    My original suggestion to remove all obtainable items was denied and Andrew asked that I split them up.

My main point is that even if only a single player can obtain the egg, the server only sees 4-9 real individual players. Why not add some additional competition between them. Isn’t that the whole point?

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,356
    See, that’s the problem. We don’t have that many people who compete for booklet. I feel like this suggestion is aimed more to the people who play VMR religiously. The reason that I am (now) against this suggestion is that it will strive to isolate and exclude those who want to join. Sg is a perfect example of this. People create teams and kill the individuals who want to enjoy sg by themselves. Eventually, the individual dislikes Sg and stops playing, leaving Sg full of teams only (making it not fun for anyone who wants to do it solo. This was one of the primary reasons Sg died out back in the day). I’m afraid this will happen with booklet, as booklet teams are already starting to dominate.

#10 Jdawger, Feb 25, 2020
  11. SUBYT

SUBYT Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +298
    -1, as others have said VMR is already unpopular and doesn't need a more competitive edge to it. It can also be hard to beat Minecraft in less than 7 days.

As well as what @Jdawger said.

#11 SUBYT, Feb 25, 2020
  12. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,356
    Also dropping these unobtainable stats that I posted in the nstar removal suggestion for the sake of it being known in this one as well.

Odds of obtaining a certain unobtainable pending the removal of dragon egg, nether star, and beacon (with already removing double grass and tall fern):
    Keep all three items - 1.087% chance
    Remove nstar items - 1.111% chance
    Remove all three items - 1.124% chance
    It’s literally a 0.037 difference if we keep all three items versus removing them. It’s not going to make a difference at all

13. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca

Ratings:
    +1,994
    You can easily get to the end and beat the dragon in 1 day even with crappy gear (you’ll just die a lot) but it’s 100% possible and imo EASY to do so.

14. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca

Ratings:
    +1,994
    We should remove netherstars and beacons as geo also suggested. Mob skulls are completely different considering you need the ability to control the weather to get them, which is impossible. Other than that you rely on luck similar to as much it would take to find a woodland mansion without a map.

Again as I’ve expressed on several suggestions at this point, these items are quite easily obtainable by VMR standards and have no reason to be in /cc.

15. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,113
    I will be denying this based on the discussion in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.