Accepted [VMR Server Suggestion] Increase item clean time

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by oxwood2, Jun 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    In Game Name:
    oxwood2
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    VMR Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Increase item clean time
    What are you suggesting:
    I'm trying to play VMR right now and it is extremely frustrating. I die a lot because I'm a total noob, but in normal vanilla minecraft, your items don't despawn before you can get back to the location of your death. So my suggestion is to increase the amount of time because item cleans. I believe it's at 5 or 10 minutes currently which is too little to get back to the place of a player's death. I think 20 or 30 minutes would be a better idea.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    It would make VMR more noob-friendly
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    +1 VMR holds the third lowest player traffic (with Lobby and Archive being lower). Even if we can’t keep them indefinitely, at least extend the time.

3. Lobstre

Lobstre President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +31
    +1. I have little interest in VMR now that hacking is disallowed, but it would seem reasonable to keep items around for a bit longer, especially considering that VMR has very few players and it wouldn't likely cause that much lag.

4. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    -1 despawn time for vanilla Minecraft is 5 minutes in loaded chunks anyway. Extending despawn timer defeats purpose of the vanilla aspect of vmr.

5. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
    I'm not sure if it's been changed since I last played VMR, but I had MANY issues with the item despawn timer when I was actively playing around 2-3 months ago. Example: I had died by a creeper, immediately respawned at my bed, ran back to the death location, only to watch my items despawn right before I could pick them up (literally 10 blocks away), all under a minute of time. Mind you, the chunk was not actively loaded, which leads me to believe that the item despawn timer is currently at a very low interval. I've never understood why it was this way, and I would highly support this change.

The despawn timer should be within a reasonable timeframe. If I'm able to run back to my corpse in under a minute, I would think that I should be able to recollect my items. (Doesn't need to be 20-30mins, Vanilla despawn timer interval would be fine imo. VMR just doesn't currently appear to be following default despawn timings.)

+1

@Chundi_Jr @georgie0417 for more input.

#5 WeirdBuilder, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  6. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    +1 The few times I've made an attempt to play VMR, I noticed the despawn time was insanely quicker than vanilla (it almost seems like it's the same despawn rate as the rest of the servers). Would be great if at least the despawn rate was changed to 5 mins like vanilla.

7. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    I never had this problem when I played so I’m not sure if this is due to the 1.15.2 update? On one occasion I died by flying into the ground with my elytra at least 30mins away from my base and when I went back for it, it was all there. Though this may be due to the chunk not being loaded. Regardless I don’t see the timer being increased as causing any issues in vmr so +1.

8. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +687
    Same as above. When I was playing VMR for my booklet it was 1.15.2 the whole time and I never noticed a big deal with this, and trust me I died quite a few times. I've had to travel for at least 15 minutes to get back to my death points and the stuff is still there. Of course, this depends on if the chunk is being loaded or not, which brings my suggestion of travelling further out from spawn than you are to make sure nobody is closeby to you (especially now we can't use "other ways" to check if someone is close to you).

To add to this, I don't see any issue with increasing the timer though so +1 :)

9. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    I should tell of my story of how this has affected me as well. I died a few months ago about 10k out from my bed (or 20m of travel). When I got to the exact coords, I saw my stuff despawn when I was no more than 3 blocks out, and I beelined straight towards it. I knew for a fact the chunk was not loaded since it was 25k+ away from spawn, yet it all despawned right when I basically entered the chunk loading zone.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    We have now increased the item despawn rate and the item despawn range. :D
    Far more vanilla now! :cool:

#10 andrewkm, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.