Denied [VMR Server Suggestion] Change tall grass & large fern back to 3

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Oct 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    VMR Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Change tall grass & large fern back to 3
    What are you suggesting:
    In VMR booklet, change tall grass and large fern’s required amount from 10 back to 3
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    To acquire both of them, you need to find them in villages, but not any village, Savanna villages (tall grass) and taiga villages (large fern), and even then, they have the possibility of spawning in the houses’ chests only (basically ones that don’t have a workstation).

For the rest of the explication, I’m going to use stats with the large fern (as that is the main one that needs to be changed. Tall grass was added here since they are counterparts. Tall grass is slightly easier to acquire in comparison).

According to the Minecraft wiki, it takes an average of 6-7 chests to find a chest with a single large fern in it. Note it’s an average, meaning it can take more to find one. Multiply that by 10 and you need to check 60 chests average to complete the item. This wouldn’t be an issue if it was 60 chest checks for all village chests, but this is for chests in one specific biome. This is the same for both items.

Hell, for tall ferns alone, in the main world, I’ve only found one chest in many main server and main north mining world resets that had a tall fern, and I’m usually out there looting those chests in day one
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. romper83273

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +89
    NO No Noooooooo i Strongly Disagree tall grass i find 2 to 4 when i find them in a village i can get all 10 of them in 2 hours fly around with an elytra works great

#2 romper83273, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  3. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +968
    -1, I understand that these may be a more difficult item to obtain, but that does not make them unobtainable. There are a fair few other items that are lootable only from chests (and chests that are much harder to find and to loot, at that) that are not on the unobtainables list. Tall grass/ferns can be done in a day to a few days with an elytra exploring around these biomes.

4. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +687
    -1 They're sometimes hard to get depending on the world spawn, but they're not insanely hard. I personally think they're fine being on the "not easy" list of things to get, VMR is known to be hard.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Will be denying this based on the replies received in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.