Denied [VMR Server Suggestion] Bring cheating back to VMR

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fr0zenTiger, Jan 8, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,109,910
    Ratings:
    +694
    In Game Name:
    Fr0zenTiger
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    VMR Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Bring cheating back to VMR
    What are you suggesting:
    I'd like to suggest the reversal of a recent change to VMR, as well as provide feedback on it from the perspective of someone who plays VMR. I'll explain below.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    VMR is a gamemode that I've started to really love over the months leading up to the changes to the server's anticheat on november 13th. I've really enjoyed collecting all of those items to hopefully complete my booklet relatively soon. However, this fun was interrupted when the anticheat was changed and all movement related hacks became impossible to use.

For context, one of the main points of VMR has always been the fact that you were allowed to use third party cheating clients. While this fact, and this suggestion to go back to it, will sound strange to people who have never grinded VMR, it was in fact a major part of the gameplay. The main use of a cheat client, at least for me, consisted of the ability to make your character travel faster.
    Not being able to travel faster might not sound like a big deal at first, until you factor in that you're collecting items from all over the world, and that you sometimes have to travel thousands, or tens of thousands of blocks to get that one item you need.

After you've read through this brief insight into the situation from a VMR player's perspective, I'd like to plea from the bottom of my heart to consider going back to the old rules for VMR. With this new anticheat enabled, using non-vanilla movement speeds is impossible, and the VMR page on the wiki no longer states that cheating is allowed, which is the exact situation.

I know I've been ass this in the first week after the change, and I want to apologize for that emotion-driven behavior. I hope I've been able to express my opinion in a better way through this suggestion. I'm not expecting this suggestion to get accepted, but I'd be interested to hear what the motives behind this change were. Instead of denying the suggestion saying "we won't be making changes to VMR's anticheat.", please, please consider it. Cheers.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,518
    +1, why does vmr even have anticheat in the first place when you guys said using hacks and cheating is allowed on vmr...

3. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Moderator ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +360
    "IF" you can make it work on vmr it's legal. IF.

4. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +691
    +1 I'm not going anywhere near VMR with the current anticheat. Either say hacks aren't allowed or turn it off tbh.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    "On the VMR (Vanilla MineRun) server cheating is not punishable as it is on every other EcoCityCraft server." - removed from the server rules. If this rule needs changing anywhere else, @ClarinetPhoenix will handle that.

We will not be allowing cheating. This is explicitly allowing certain players to gain advantage over others in a game mode containing a leaderboard, and is against the EULA.
    Times change, Mojang does not allow such advantages in game modes containing a leaderboard.

#5 andrewkm, Jan 11, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.