[VMR Server Suggestion] Adjustment for Netherrite

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by strongpelt, Jun 24, 2024.

1. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,090
    In Game Name:
    strongpelt
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    VMR Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Adjustment for Netherrite
    What are you suggesting:
    Change the netherrite requirments in the booklet.
    Netherrite block 10 -->3
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    You need ancient debris, from the nether, to get a netherrite scrap. you need 4 netherrite scraps to make an ingot, you need 9 ingots to make a single block. Its already a pain in the ass to get all the ancient debris in the main server for netherrite blocks, vmr is extra difficult without any features. Another solution is maybe add netherrite blocks as somethig rollable in the rare crates. But please i beg of you, reduce the block requirement ;-;
    Other information:
    n/a
    Plugin or custom addition:
    n/a
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,353
    I will state that when I was selling booklet before all the VMR changes, it was a pain in the ass to get everything related to netherite: 90 ingots for the tools/armor, 10 for the lodestone, 10 for the ingots itself, and 90 for the blocks. That's 200 ingots or 800 ancient debris. If you add the 20 ancient debris for the ancient debris and scrap items, that's 820 ancient debris required to complete everything relating to ancient debris. It is doable on paper, but in practice, is arduous. This is not even mentioning how dangerous it is to even get it.

Oh, and let’s not forget that you need 90 Netherite upgrades too, which is 623 diamonds + 1 already made one that you have to find in a bastion first (assuming you do it all in one week, otherwise you need to be looting and getting lucky at a bastion every week to get at least one upgrade template)

#2 Jdawger, Jun 25, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
  3. romper83273

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +91
    Again with this crap it's fine leave it alone

4. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,353
    I want to state that in looking at all the comments on reducing Netherite (on all current and previous suggestions), every single one of the people who said something negative have already gotten their booklet done for the prestige, and I know for a fact that most of them, if not all of them, did it before 1.16 when Netherite was introduced (and most certainly before the rule changes that made VMR a lot more difficult to obtain certain items).

This is not calling romper's comment above, but everyone who has been on the opposite side of this argument. It's important to have context of who is opposed.

#4 Jdawger, Jul 24, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
  5. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,353
    Circling back after doing Netherite using the best/most efficient Netherite tactics I found online, I still agree it needs to be lowered from 10, but I disagree with it being 3. I like @Wazupbutrcup ’s other suggestion thread of making it 5; I had about a dchest worth of wool for beds I scavenged from an ancient city and was able to get 32 Netherite ingots at the end of the day (actually about 130/820 ancient debris). That’s over 1000 bed explosions for less than 16% payout (and that’s sinking at least 7hrs a day this week)