Denied [VMR Server Suggestion] Add wording/change ruling about alts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrDavinF, Aug 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDavinF

MrDavinF Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +32
    In Game Name:
    MrDavinF
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    VMR Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Add wording/change ruling about alts
    What are you suggesting:
    I would like to see an addition or change to the VMR and/or Main Network rules regarding use of alts.

Current rules as stated:
    Main Network: An individual person playing on multiple accounts is allowed as long as no financial benefits arise from doing so, and no accounts belonging to that player are banned.
    And: If you have another account you wish to play on, and make money with, it cannot be used to fund your main accounts.

VMR rules state :Use of alternate accounts is allowed.

I see these rules as contradicting. Mods tell me that they are different modes and so the rules are not connected. Due to the fact that no money can be saved or go into your bank in VMR, that means all money is accessible to your main account. This is prize money. An alt account can be used in this form to fund your main account if you win any prize money.
    I view VMR as separate, but a branch of the Main Network. VMR is connected to it and would not exist without main network and accounts. The rules are connected as I'm sure that many of the same chat rules apply for example.
    People minimize it because it is "only 100k a week."
    I do not see alts being fair in the spirit of ECC and the rule on the main network, however I am not suggesting they be removed. I want the spirit of VMR to remain intact.

I think it should be amended that main network rule state "the only exception to this is in VMR, where use of alts are allowed and may lead to financial benefit of the main account."
    I'm open to any other wording or suggestion others would have.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    To provide more clarity regarding the separation of VMR and Main or consider changing how alts are used.
    Other information:
    I was driven to write this after a prize of 3 God Keys was being given to the winner and see multiple alts being used. That is a significant prize that will unquestionably lead to financial benefit of a main account. I do not understand how people can say they are not connected : VMR alts and money on main account.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Main server rules are 100% separate from VMR. There isn't any connection of any sort. Abusing bugs and hacking for an advantage is also banned on Main - Yet it's 100% legal on VMR.

There is no need for any such changes. When looking at rules for X server, you should operate from the assumption that they solely apply to X server and nowhere else. Network Rules are the only rules that are universally applicable.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.