Villagers naturally spawning with jobs & not autobutchering right away

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Jdawger, May 30, 2021.

1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    The thread title. In mining, I found two different villages. Both of them had naturally spawning villagers with jobs, and they weren't autobutchered right away. I know in the past, IF villagers spawned, it was only nitwits that couldn't get jobs.

I had a farmer villager stay spawned for minutes, even after being in the village (aka keeping the area loaded) for 5+ minutes.

Seems to just be a mining issue

Edit: I'm not sure if I ever seen them butcher. I went afk for like 15-20m when I was on the forums, and they were still there after I was done

#1 Jdawger, May 30, 2021
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Villagers get butchered every 3 minutes in the rising, nether and end worlds.
    Villagers get butchered every 10 minutes in the mining world.

The code is there and is definitely functional.
    Are the villagers still there @Jdawger.

3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I haven't been online since the first day of ECC 2.0, so I will need to find a new village and check.

Didn't realize that villagers were allowed to spawn. I just remembered that they used not be able to spawn, and when I asked a staff member, they said to make a bug report. If they are allowed to spawn and get butchered after 10mins, then it should be fine. Didn't realize things changed. I can check to see if they butcher after ten minutes in a bit

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Yes, they are not allowed to spawn, however we cannot enforce this rule while filling the chunks on a new map.
    As such we always had this bug for the first few minutes on mining, but never really noticed this bug on rising. However as rising is a fresh new map, you will see it from time to time now. They should however correctly despawn after 10 minutes as long as they are loaded.