Denied [Suggestions] Stock Market

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by goblizz, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travellord

travellord gℓσвεтяσттιηg ρяεsι∂εηт
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +91
    @deavisdude im not 100 percent sure of all of them but some have to do with market timings (can't be fixed without rewriting plugin)

2. deavisdude

deavisdude Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    Okay, then yes. They should absolutely use real-time data. I have no idea why they wouldn't use real-time data in the first place. Use a different API, it certainly can't be that hard with the number of websites out there quoting stock prices.

3. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    real-time data costs large amounts of money. It's not feasible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. deavisdude

deavisdude Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    Oh, I see. Then a one day limit would be sufficient, no?

5. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    I have no idea. I assume it was done for a reason, but I'm unaware of the reasoning.

6. polltax

polltax seldom right but never in doubt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +466
    Yes, I feel like ECC is a hard core economy server. But I also feel like the stock exchange is a vital part of any economy. Their are many different styles for trading, and it seems like ECC only allows a couple of those methods to be done. But.. From what I have seen it seems that it would be very difficult and or costly to make a stock exchange system where you can day trade. Still a +1 for the idea from me ;3

#46 polltax, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  7. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    it was done to prevent abuse of the 15 minute delay and turn the stock market into a more long-term strategy as opposed to having people just make money quick and easy by just buying the "big gainers" iirc. Though, the 3 day delay shouldn't matter as much anymore as there's the $5 limit and the stock market opening at noon, so it's significantly harder to make quick money off of the "big gainers".

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,091
    In the future when we have a bit of time we may run another competition, not something I will immediately be doing right now however as our focus is currently on other parts of the server.
    Not willing to mess with the current system, the stock trader is just a small little add-on for forum users, I am not willing to make changes to something that has been working quite well & stable for us for quite some time.

Our stock market is a long term investment sort of thing on ECC. For anything more realistic many external stock market simulators may be used. The way we have it now is as close as we can to the least amount of exploits. My #1 priority is the servers economy, and this stock trader system unfortunately gets in the way of that without these limitations. Even if we can be more lenient on certain parts, I'm not willing to bring our economy to any sort of danger zone for a forum stock market simulator with an MIA developer when it comes to that add-on.

#48 andrewkm, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.