Denied [Suggestion]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ProMasterBaker, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProMasterBaker

ProMasterBaker Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +14
    Minecraft Name: ProMasterBaker

Suggestion: To allow the current owner of a town to apply for town features.

Reason: I fail to understand why you must have be the original owner to apply for town features. As the population of active EcoCityCraft Members isn't near what it used to be, hovering around the 30-60 online. Many awesome towns owners have either gone inactive or are patchy with there online times, and many people own several towns that aren't there original. I understand Tycoon's+ can claim towns but even then, if you already are the owner of the town, and have boughten the town I don't think you should have to spend 500k+ on a rank or pay someone to claim the town that you already own, in the risk of them going inactive too and losing you ability to get features once again.

If you bought the town from whomever, you should be able to apply for features for that town. Once you purchase a town and you have your name on the <Owner> line of the town you should be able to apply for features.

Owning a large variety of towns is an awesome part of EcoCityCraft, but the fact that if they don't come with features that you like you're stuck and cannot do anything about it other than pay usually 200k+ to get the town claimed by someone else and then have to pay on top of that and rely on someone else to do the applications, it's silly and I believe it should be changed.

If you own the town, you should be able to buy Features, simple as that.

Any Other Information: N/A

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?: No Link required.

2. THCOOL

THCOOL SolarNation Founder and Ex-smod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +781
    +1 I never understood this either. The only counter-argument against it is that they want to almost force people to purchase town claims since it a pretty big money sink. Its unfair if you ask me, but I have a feeling that this will get denied do to that reason because if you are able to purchase town features even if you aren't the original owner, then that basically gets rid of the point of claiming. You would then only claim if you weren't on the current owners list, but thats it. Im with you on this, but again, anything that will affect a money sink will be denied I think unfortunately.

#2 THCOOL, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  3. ProMasterBaker

ProMasterBaker Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +14
    I understand 100%, but you can only claim so many times then it's back to the basics of having to pay someone a stupid amount to claim a town you want and then you have to pay ontop again to get features, with the risk of them not doing it and going inactive again.

Thanks for your feedback.

4. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/suggestion-town-features.152531/

Was only suggested a few months ago,
    Personally it doesnt bother me, I can see why it wont be enforced purely because of the way the system is currently setup.

The Town Transfer would essentially become obsolete because once you buy a town or rank a resident up to Mayor to obtain their town, you wouldnt have to transfer the town to be able to apply for anything on the town.
    People would then never buy Additional Towns because it would be cheaper to actually rank residents up for their towns.

---

I do also see why you as a owner of a town that doesnt have a warp want the rule to be changed cause its annoying buying or obtaining a town that isnt officially yours and has no warp

+0

5. ProMasterBaker

ProMasterBaker Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks for your input.

I see it as ranking up and buy your own towns come with there own perks, like name and location to name a couple. Claim woukd still be able to used for this towns that the owner is long since inactive ajd no one else is the owner of.

Thanks for your input.

6. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    This defeats the purpose of a town claim or transfer.
    Sadly, if we were to implement this it would only allow the owner to apply for heal signs and nothing else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.