Denied [Suggestion] Town Features

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Samurai_N, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samurai_N

Samurai_N Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +87
    Minecraft Name:
    Samurai_N

Suggestion:
    To make the town features such as town warp, pvp zone, etc. available to any town owner not just the original one. So any owner current owner of the town can get town features as long as the new owner is the only owner at the moment.

Reason:
    Why does it have to be the original owner. I mean towns are bought and sold all the time so why can't the new owners fill out applications to get town features.

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
    #1 Samurai_N, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  2. oootopia

oootopia Utopian
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,954
    This rule also seems pretty arcane to me. If an original owner goes inactive for 6 plus months without an explicit contract forbidding a co mayor to take over, co-mayors of towns with inactive original owners should be allowed to get town features. They change every single other facet of the town, not being able to make a pvp area, warp or portal is a silly hang up. Active players get stuck with these towns they worked so hard on that suddenly uncontrollably come to a screeching halt.

+1 because the way it is is silliness.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Vintage_Gamer

Vintage_Gamer Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,219
    This. A lot of players have asked me about this. +1

4. Samurai_N

Samurai_N Builder

Ratings:
    +87
    Well I wasn't a co-mayor to the original owner. I bought the town from someone who bought from someone who bought the town from the original owner. (There might have been another buyer/seller in the history of the town).

Does this still apply to me?

#4 Samurai_N, Jun 21, 2016
  5. rsdworker

rsdworker Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +60
    i would love to have this one because if mayor goes inactive - i would do features for co mayor example i would put something up in town
    so i vote +5

6. SuburbSomeone

SuburbSomeone Shrubby Tycoon

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +6,479
    I personally love the concept but the pricing of towns would be an issue. If this were to be implemented, buying multiple of your own original towns would be significantly worse financially than simply paying Residents/Mayors for their future towns. If anything, I think the transfer fees should be lowered to $75-100k, and/or additional town fees capped at $250k. Because I don't feel that it's best to provide nearly zero incentive to create your own towns as opposed to paying a Resident six times less money for a town that works exactly the same, I'm going to have to give a -1. Sorry.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. SuburbSomeone

SuburbSomeone Shrubby Tycoon

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +6,479
    This would be really good however, +1 to this.

8. oootopia

oootopia Utopian

Ratings:
    +4,954
    Yeah I would say so, there may have been however many transactions but if you're co-mayor to the original owner still, they're just inactive and have been since before you were co-mayor. It's silly that you now have to pay a massive amount of money to claim or transfer the town. It's not impossible but still a lot of people might just quit, dump the town on someone else who didn't realize this, or make a new town and abandon all their hard work. It just seems really backwards to me that if an original owner goes awol what might be a very nice and active town comes screeching to a halt.

9. Imaginex

Imaginex Living in a Daydream
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $5,322,535
    Ratings:
    +1,244

I'm going to have to -1 this suggestion for several reasons:

1. If this is allowed, there is no reason to get a transfer. Town transfers become useless, and so does original ownership. People would be more willing to buy towns from mayors then making town themselves, like Suburb said. In fact, what would be the motivation for the rank President if you can just buy a town off of a resident?

2. We use applications and original owners only because we're sure that they have legally obtained the town. What if someone who was a co-mayor removed a month inactive mayor to be the only owner of the town to change everything? According to this suggestion that would be legal, and there would be no way to check to see if they had obtained the town legally. Sure, we could probably reverse most of the changes if a complaint was filed, but in the end it creates more complications than benefits.

3. The whole point of getting a transfer for ownership is so that you can do these things. Get a contract with the original owner and file a transfer. If they're 6+ months inactive, then just claim the town, or get someone to claim it for you.

Ooot... town transfers were recently reduced in price from 250k to 150k, so they're not as expensive now. Andrew has stated that it will not go below this. I also sincerely doubt that Tycoon+ ranks will be reduced in price, but eh.

Anyway, that's my view on things. Maybe I'll address a few more things as they come to me.

#9 Imaginex, Jun 21, 2016
  10. Samurai_N

Samurai_N Builder

Ratings:
    +87
    Well if i wanted to get in contact with the the original owner of my town, i couldn't because @mardy8 has been inactive on the server for 12 weeks and on the server for 1 month and 13 days. Me and one of my town's residents have done research if we could find them on another server because we suspect that they have quit ECC. and we found on all the servers that mardy8 plays on that they have stopped playing not he exact same date (1 month and 13 days ago). Mardy8 seems to be impossible to reach and it is gonna be a long time until 6 months and for me to collect the money for president and tycoon. and this rule always boggled my mind anyway so why not kill 2 birds with one stone with this suggestion.

#10 Samurai_N, Jun 21, 2016
  11. Samurai_N

Samurai_N Builder

Ratings:
    +87
    Wait a sec so technically it would be a +0?

12. _Sharpy

_Sharpy Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $348,740
    Ratings:
    +652
    +1 with some minor suggestions to the suggestions ;)

I would +1 this if there was a condition to it such as:

• The town original owner has been offline for 6 months+
    • It can only be a town feature that does not heavily affect the town (town warp, heal sign etc.).
    I think that's all I could say :)

13. Samurai_N

Samurai_N Builder

Ratings:
    +87
    but the point of this is that any mayor can do it with out the 6+ months but i can change it so that the mayor must be the only owner of the town atm of the filling out the application and what would be a major town feature when you say unlike the town warp or heal sign

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Imaginex

President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $5,322,535
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    @Samurai_N there have to be some advantages to being the original owner, or else it's pointless to just buy your town via the server instead of from a resident in exchange for the rank. In other words, of course there are going to be disadvantages or inconveniences from buying a town from another person.

15. Samurai_N

Samurai_N Builder

Ratings:
    +87
    If you ask most players they will say that [mayor] is the sweetspot and some players have even been there for years. so what if there happened to be a lack of presidents, I still don't see anything wrong with buying a town from another player. i mean lots of people are buying their towns from residents and to make town transfer applications is just a hassle that really doesn't need to exist unless you want people to spend their time and money on something that seems pointless to most people.

16. Imaginex

EcoDollars:
    $5,322,535
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    I mean.... I see a lot of town transfers, and I've had 3 done myself. It's not that much of a hassel, and this was when the price was 250k. Now that it's 150k no doubt more people will find it worthwhile. And as for mayor being the sweet spot.... there are a lot more pres+ than mayors on the server. I buy towns from residents as well, but I always eventually transfer them to myself so I can be the original owner.

17. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,629
    +1 and @Imaginex not many people buy town transfers they are not worth it by the time you are done it cost more then the town is worth and people buying towns from mayors is better and would help the server we currently have WAY to many abandoned and dead towns its hard to sell plots there is so many towns.. No need to make more new ones. As for president people would still buy because they want to name there own town and rank up past pres.

#17 jwpwns, Jun 21, 2016
  18. TheBuckeye11

TheBuckeye11 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +184
  19. Chiblin

Chiblin OVERACHEIVER
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️